Sign in to follow this  

01 cr 250

Hello all. Im sure this has been talked about b4 but here it gose. I've done pretty much everything to my 01 the v force reed the pwk carb swap and I went to the 14 tooth counter and 53 rear sprockets. Im not 100% on the gearing I like to ride trails and track. Should I drop a tooth in the front???? Also I was running 40:1 with the old carb should I stick with that mix or go back to 32:1 thanks

Not 100% sure on the gearing but I've heard 13/52 is a pretty good all around gearing. Yours seem a tad bit high. As for the ratio, it depends on what you jetted it for. Either ratio is fine, just jet for it

I seen someone on her did the 14 53 but it did seem to high and not as snappy maybe I just throw that 13 back on it. I got the carb from jd jetting pre jetted. Thanks again

I run 13-50 (3.84 final ratio) gearing on a 2000 and that works fine for me. My buddy has 13-51 (3.92 final ratio) gearing on his 2001. You have a final gear ratio of 3.78. So going with his or my ratio will make it snappier. We agree to disagree I think his is a little to snappy and makes first gear useable of course but ends quickly too. I like mine it doesn't have all the snap his does but for my riding it's okay, first is great for tight technical stuff going up hill (which my buddy always has issues with) and 3rd on my bike sends you a little further in the air across jumps.