Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know where to buy a single spoke or just a few spokes?

I need one spoke for my front wheel on my 07 ttr 230 but the only kits i can find are entire spoke kits that are $90... if anyone know's where i can get a few spokes instead of an entire kits please let me know

Edited by BringHelp

Rocky mountain in the OE parts section I believe.

• Like 1

How about a Yamaha store!!!

My local Yamaha dealer only sells spoke kits, they told me I could take my bike into their shop and replace the one spoke for $55

Wow I got one from my dealer for like 8.00 and he ordered the single ones in for me.

Set only, $80 plus shipping

I have ordered singles from rocky mountain for 2 or 3 different bikes,  cost me like 3 - 4 bucks each.  either they changed policy (I doubt it)  or someones not looking closely enough.  go into the OEM parts finder and click on the spoke,  it should tell you what it costs individually! (at least i think thats how I did it)

Yeah, i just checked it out.  went into OEM parts tab, selected a bike,  picked the wheel diagram,  clicked on the spoke.  $2.84 for a single,  make sure you change the default number to 1 or 2,  it is set at a full set of them,  but just change the quantity, send it to your cart, and finish it up -  no sweat!

One more thing,  don't be like some idiot i know very well, and forget to order the nipples as well,  i think they are 30 or 40 cents each!

Edited by carl johansson

I have ordered singles from rocky mountain for 2 or 3 different bikes,  cost me like 3 - 4 bucks each.  either they changed policy (I doubt it)  or someones not looking closely enough.  go into the OEM parts finder and click on the spoke,  it should tell you what it costs individually! (at least i think thats how I did it)

Yeah, i just checked it out.  went into OEM parts tab, selected a bike,  picked the wheel diagram,  clicked on the spoke.  $2.84 for a single,  make sure you change the default number to 1 or 2,  it is set at a full set of them,  but just change the quantity, send it to your cart, and finish it up -  no sweat!

One more thing,  don't be like some idiot i know very well, and forget to order the nipples as well,  i think they are 30 or 40 cents each!

What bike did you select? I clicked the spoke after selecting my bike and it just says "SPOKE SET, FRONT" quantity is set to one...am i missing something?

EDIT: just talked to someone on the live chat, they said "We only sell the entire kit as well as Yamaha"

Edited by BringHelp

My local Yamaha dealer only sells spoke kits, they told me I could take my bike into their shop and replace the one spoke for $55

Then your dealer is a dick. Every single part on that bike can be ordered and replaced, he just doesn't want to be bothered with selling a single spoke.

What bike did you select? I clicked the spoke after selecting my bike and it just says "SPOKE SET, FRONT" quantity is set to one...am i missing something?

EDIT: just talked to someone on the live chat, they said "We only sell the entire kit as well as Yamaha"

So Yamaha  are the dicks here!  I have ordered singles for Kawasaki 300s,  KTM 250 & 300,  and Husky 450 -  all no problem!  Guess thats what you get for riding a yammyhammy

Then your dealer is a dick. Every single part on that bike can be ordered and replaced, he just doesn't want to be bothered with selling a single spoke.

All of my local dealers for every brand of bike either try to overcharge you, sell you stuff you dont need, and they routinely order you the wrong parts then charge you a restocking fee

You may want to contact an aftermarlet supplier like Buchannan. The spoke may not look identical to OEM (probably be better than OEM)

http://www.buchananspokes.com/

Yeah, they sell individual spokes and nipples and they make spokes for anything, cars, aeroplanes and bikes. They make dirt bike spokes in stainless steel and you can buy steel with blue zinc nipples or alloy nipples. Being such a modern bike they'll know exactly what spoke to sell you as well. 

They have all the prices on their site and you can put together an order and they'll contact you if they need more info. 

They had front wheel spokes for my ancient 1984 CR250R already available on the shelf (they are all the same for the front wheel on the CR125-500 from 1984-94). For the rear wheel they had to make them up and it cost about the same and the price isn't too bad considering they are stainless.