Sign in to follow this  

Kx100 vs Crf150rb

I started woods racing in the supermini class this year on my 2009 crf150rb. Over the course of about a year I have probably put about 200 hours on it. I'm thinking about just trading it of for a new bike. Should I go with the kx100 or the 150rb. Or is it just easier to rebuild the engine on my bike?

There's no point in rebuilding it unless it feels like the the compression is low, smokes more than it used to, or has a lot less power and if your nervous about it blowing up it probably won't if you have done proper maintenence a properly maintained 150r should last forever if it wasn't ran super hard also you could check the piston for cracks In the skirt if not you should just keep the 150 it will take a while to adjust to the 100 and the only benefit is the weight loss picking it up in the trail. IMO

There's no point in rebuilding it unless it feels like the the compression is low, smokes more than it used to, or has a lot less power and if your nervous about it blowing up it probably won't if you have done proper maintenence a properly maintained 150r should last forever if it wasn't ran super hard also you could check the piston for cracks In the skirt if not you should just keep the 150 it will take a while to adjust to the 100 and the only benefit is the weight loss picking it up in the trail. IMO

I think it's ready to blow because it's losing power sometimes when wide open. I have kept up on all the maintenance but like I said it's been raced. I'm the third owner so I'm not sure how the others took care of it.