Sign in to follow this  

Takegawa 305 kit

I brought there kit done about 5000kms the bore is delaminating and they will not cover it under warranty due to not using there fuel controler 1406731876808.jpg

Wow! That's the first I've heard of this happening and probably the most distance on that kit I've seen.  Keep us updated but try to avoid slander and bashing. Let's keep it civil.

So why exactly did you pull it apart?

Can you also take a picture from the top.

I was wondering the same thing ........... did it fail ? 

Is it safe to say that if you fitted the fuel control this would not be a issue, not being a smart arse but looking to order one and dont want any issues :)

They said the would not cover it because they have not tested my fuel controller

I have found it very hard dealing with them there instructions are only Japanese they could not supply a english copy

The reason it got piled down engine noise

I will post picture from top later today I will try to get a pointer on it as well

• Like 1

What kind of noise? I should prolly open my B&B but I'm too lazy... I've had my clanking/tapping noise for long time. Now cold starting it sounds like something is doing some extra rattling there. But I'd need to arrange some new gasket and rings atleast beforehand blah..

• Like 1

I will send more photos of bore can not get to it at moment

Bill kit is a steel bore I don't think you will have same problem

1406785834412.jpg

Dear Tim,Thank you very much for your reply.Sorry we were tested to only our controller .If used other controller,we cac not warranty.Thank you & Best regardsSpecial Parts Takegawa +81-721-25-1357

I will send more photos of bore can not get to it at momentBill kit is a steel bore I don't think you will have same problem

A few guys had the same sought of piston wear on the Bill Blue big bore kit.

• Like 2

Guys i thought that I already asked but im unable to find the post, I just purchased thr takegawa bigbore and wanted to know if a ejk controller would be suitable ?

The big bore ejk controller should be fine but the newer controller with displayed air fuel ratio may be worth the additional cost.

You could also consider the Takegawa controller.

Make sure you always use the higher octane fuel just to be on the safe side.

Edited by Positron007
  • Like 2

I had the same kit you have brought

The bore delaminated

They would not cover under warranty

They said because I did not use there fuel controller

I ordered a takegawa bigbore and was told it wouldn't ship for 3 weeks, I was uneasy after seeing this post and wondered if I should have ordered the full cam kit and fuel controller so I canceled my order, my question is 1.is the bigbore noticeable power increase and recommended.

2.what brand and parts are recommended as ill order anain today

Thanks heaps

If I was going to go to a big bore again I would not buy the kit as they would not cover mine under warranty

They were very had to deal with returning emails to a long time

I would deal with a firm that can speak english and check they stock spare parts eg head gaskets etc

Ps big bore does make a big difference

Takegwara

• Like 2

I would like to see some numbers from someone that just adds a higher compression piston  ... I have the 305 B&B kit but, I am very curious what those numbers would be ...  :thinking:

My old 2 stroke just had a high compression piston and a milled head and ported .... then an expansion chamber exhaust and jetted .... that thing fricken screamed ....  :thumbsup: