Sign in to follow this  

Want to buy a 110 for my kid PLEASE HELP

I’m planing on buying a klx110 or crf110 for my 8-year-old I also have a 5 and 4 year old that I’m thinking they can use it when they are ready. First which one should I go with, second what would be the best out the door price and third should I wait for a curtain time of the year to purchase to get the best price?

Thank you  

I'd suggest searching ur local classifieds for a crf, theyre reliable bikes and its not too hard to find a good one.

Buying brand new would be too costly, save urself some money!\

..the klx isnt bad either

• Like 1

I'd suggest searching ur local classifieds for a crf, theyre reliable bikes and its not too hard to find a good one.

Buying brand new would be too costly, save urself some money!\

..the klx isnt bad either

I’m trying to find something in good condition so all three of my boys will be able to use. It seems like the classifieds add around me (suburbs of Chicago il) just value their stuff way to high, that is why I started to look at new. How much do you think I should spend to get something in good working order?

im not too sure since prices vary.. (i'm in Canada).

Try Kelly blue book used values, +/- $100 depending on the bikes condition

Where I live you can pick up a very good shape CRF100 2005-09 for about $1200 about $1500. 

I'd just like to point out that CRF100 and a CRF110 are VERY different bikes.  The CRF110 is a replacement for the CRF70, the CRF100 is the old XR100 that is now the CRF125.

I'd be looking for dealers who have left over models on the floor that you could get a good deal on.  I just bought a used KLX110 for my son and was seriously considering buying a new 2012 leftover a dealer near here has on the floor for under $2,000.  (Looks like they are now trying to get the 2013's off the floor and are selling those for $1999).

Either the CRF110 or KLX110 are good bikes.  They are basically the same bike.  So I'd just find the best deal at the dealership, and see if you can't get a couple dealers in a bidding war.  

Just get whatever you can get the best price on. They're both low tech, low maintenance bulletproof bikes. 

I’m trying to find something in good condition so all three of my boys will be able to use. It seems like the classifieds add around me (suburbs of Chicago il) just value their stuff way to high, that is why I started to look at new. How much do you think I should spend to get something in good working order?

We have both in our barn. I bought my son a 2011 KLX 110 leftover for Christmas 2 years ago. I experienced the same thing you while shopping, 4 or 5 year old bikes that were within 300- 500 of brand new. I found the 2011 leftover for 2000 OTD which I was happy with.

I shopped the KLX vs the CRF vs the TTR and liked the KLX the best for the following reasons.

No key on the KLX, the CRF has a key, something else to lose for my 9 (7 at the time) year old :)

The KLX has a bash plate protecting the engine, the CRF has nothing, just the cylinder dangling out there, the KLX also has a simple mud flap protecting the shock, CRF has nothing.

The KLX was the only one that has shroud stays attatching them to the frame. The other 2 had nothing, the shrouds just mounted to the tank. I saw those breaking fairly quickly without the extra support.

We've had the KLX for 2 years and it's been easy and reliable. My son is getting better and more comfortable with every ride. They do everything just well enough that they can be ridden anywhere. He rides his mostly on a peewee motocross track and around the yard at home.

Other than a few minor things that swayed me to the Kawasaki they are all very similar.

wich ever one you get a better price on dont count out the yamaha ttr 110 either they are all good