Sign in to follow this  

OEM oil filters VS aftermarket

I'm just curious to see who uses the OEM vs Somthing like a k&n oil filter on like a yz250f or a crf250r. If you use the after market why? OEM is more expensive, the k&n is cheaper and seems like people like it more

Just bought OEM filters and aftermarket ones recently. The aftermarket ones came with a combo deal on oil. Got to admit that I trust the OEM ones better. It's only based on the fact that it has the official Kawi logo on it. Haven't even tried the aftermarket ones yet.

I think the aftermarket ones will do fine when I run out of OEM filters ;)

Just bought OEM filters and aftermarket ones recently. The aftermarket ones came with a combo deal on oil. Got to admit that I trust the OEM ones better. It's only based on the fact that it has the official Kawi logo on it. Haven't even tried the aftermarket ones yet.

I think the aftermarket ones will do fine when I run out of OEM filters ;)

But after your out if OEM you will try aftermarket ones? I think of all the aftermarket ones the k&n would be the best as they make also air filters so I bet oil filters will be the same

Either is fine. I have OEM on my bikes but I'm pretty much too slow to even try to notice the difference an aftermarket filter would make. Ideally a clean air filter will always be better than a dirty one....OEM or aftermarket.

Are you sure that OEM's acutally make their own filters? For example, HiFloFiltro...

http://www.hiflofiltro.com/why-hiflo

Providing unbeatable performance and exceptional value, Hiflofiltro is the best-selling brand of aftermarket filters for motorcycles, scooters, and ATVs worldwide. The filters are also supplied to original equipment manufacturers as well as private label brands.

OEM filters are not necessarily better and much of the time, they are not made by the OEM anyway. If I'm not mistaken, K&Ns are made by Hiflo.

I stick with OEM Suzuki filters for street bike and quad (metal can style) but since my new bike came with a extra hiflo (cartridge/fiber) and o-ring, was probably going to continue using them. The hiflo looks well constructed..