Sign in to follow this  

2012 DRZ400 S Keys

Hey Guys, I know i'm covering ground that's been discussed before but was hoping someone had an answer.  I recently bought a used 2012 DRZ400S, it came with 2 ignition keys and 1 fork lock key.  I'm wanting to get an extra Ignition and fork lock key made. From what I have researched (yes I did run a search) here is what I have tried thus far;

-Went to the local Suzuki Dealer, useless

-Went to the local locksmith (I may try others local), they did not have an appropriate blank

-Went to the local Ace Hardware store, the kid there looked at it and said no can do even when I pulled out my handy list of potential blanks;

1. Ilco X118 aka YH60 or YH49

2. Ilco X117 aka YH48

I don't think the kid gave it much effort so I may try another Ace Hardware (they are dwindling) in the future.

My Question;  Does anyone know which Key Blank (are the above key #'s correct?) I need for either / both for a 2012?

Thanks......Mark.

That eBay link looks like the goods.

For what it's worth, I've had the local key cutting booth cut me ignition keys on blanks that are stamped YH30. They work fine, although a tiny bit snug going in.

You can find the ignition blank on the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370842225373

Thanks Reydelacosta,

I ran several searches on ebay without luck on finding a blank, huh?  I went ahead and ordered on after matching it up, Now I just have to find a blank for the steering lock....... :thumbsup:

the yamaha blanks will work. i have cut dozens for others and i believe the key correct key blank for the ignition is the yamaha YH50. this blank is even listed in the KABA/ILCO pdf for the suzuki

Edited by 707drz

I recently had a fork lock key made. No one had a blank except the local locksmith. Try one in your area.  Ilco  SR61N

• Like 1

I recently had a fork lock key made. No one had a blank except the local locksmith. Try one in your area.  Ilco  SR61N

Thanks Pumptrack!  When my ebay blank hits I'm going to run it up to the local locksmith guy (different one from prior locksmith near where I work) and give it a try. 

The Ilco blank I have for my replacement DRZ Ignition key is an X262.

I've read on another thread this is a replacement for the 118.

He did have to order them, I believe they're the same for Suzuki quads.

Edited by teejmiller

Hey Guys, I know i'm covering ground that's been discussed before but was hoping someone had an answer.  I recently bought a used 2012 DRZ400S, it came with 2 ignition keys and 1 fork lock key.  I'm wanting to get an extra Ignition and fork lock key made. From what I have researched (yes I did run a search) here is what I have tried thus far;

-Went to the local Suzuki Dealer, useless

-Went to the local locksmith (I may try others local), they did not have an appropriate blank

-Went to the local Ace Hardware store, the kid there looked at it and said no can do even when I pulled out my handy list of potential blanks;

1. Ilco X118 aka YH60 or YH49

2. Ilco X117 aka YH48

I don't think the kid gave it much effort so I may try another Ace Hardware (they are dwindling) in the future.

My Question;  Does anyone know which Key Blank (are the above key #'s correct?) I need for either / both for a 2012?

Thanks......Mark.

Maybe just me but why bother. Only one key can be in ignition and the fork lock only keeps you from using it. Can be snapped by hand. Get a wheel lock or 2 or park where it's safe. Seems alot of work for an extra spare.

Maybe just me but why bother. Only one key can be in ignition and the fork lock only keeps you from using it. Can be snapped by hand. Get a wheel lock or 2 or park where it's safe. Seems alot of work for an extra spare.

You obviously have not any children, They'd lose their nuts if not attached.  Hence why I have 3 sets of keys for everything in my house requiring such.  By the time I get wind of the news ("Oh Crap, Dad's Gonna Shit, BOTH sets of keys are gone!!!!!) if I left things to chance the locksmith would be a wealthy man.

• Like 1

Whoa! Are you saying the mechanism in the fork lock is easy to break? I may have to start using my disc lock when I ride to work.

Whoa! Are you saying the mechanism in the fork lock is easy to break? I may have to start using my disc lock when I ride to work.

They are only an inconvenience to someone wanting to steal your bike. Wheel locks make it much harder. They are also easier for you to use. Watch this
Edited by qwaster

Oh I have kids but my keys are safe. I only need one. No one touches my truck or bikes. No exceptions or excuses.

Understood.  But when they start taking cars, bikes, out etc. with your permission the losing said keys (yep, I tried the hardass position also) I suggest you have a back-up plan.  Get a third set of keys, tears and gnashing of teeth saved for more worthwhile battles.

Edited by coreseller

Last one has 5 years till he gets booted. After that I get to be mushy with their kids. Lol. That will really drive them insane. But I understand where your coming from.

Edited by qwaster

Last one has 5 years till he gets booted. After that I get to be mushy with their kids. Lol. That will really drive them insane.

I truly envy you lol.  My wife will be orgasmic for a month when the first Grandchild news hits, until then I gotta be happy buying and hiding these F'ing Keys!!!!!  ;)

I truly envy you lol. My wife will be orgasmic for a month when the first Grandchild news hits, until then I gotta be happy buying and hiding these F'ing Keys!!!!! ;)

Then the grandchildren will start losing them. Lol. We have a never ending battle.

Then the grandchildren will start losing them. Lol. We have a never ending battle.

Holy Shit, Single Handedly in one thread I have Graduated from being a MILF fan to a GILF fan......WTF?