Sign in to follow this  

Features to Look for in your Next Pair of Gloves

We have so many good choices for gear these days that it gets complicated to pick what we need. In this article I have tried to break down the features of the different glove categories to help you pick the right ones for you. It will likely be most useful for new riders, but maybe even the experienced guys will find something new. 

If I have left something out, let me know.

• Like 1

What about riding gloves with smart touch technology? I need a pair that works with my touch screen through my clear cover. Anything available?

What about riding gloves with smart touch technology? I need a pair that works with my touch screen through my clear cover. Anything available?

There are definitely gloves out there that are touch screen compatible. I haven't personally used any yet. Most of my leather palmed gloves work with touch screens once I have gotten them sweaty a couple of times.

I have even seen little finger sleeves that you can slip over any glove to make them touch screen compatible. That's less fashionable, but a cheap work around.

I have so many riding gloves.  I have MX gloves for hot days, MX gloves for cold days, MX gloves for long rides.  I have street gloves for general riding.  I have warm gloves.  I have gloves that work with my heated grips.  I don't have heated gloves.

Whem it gets cold I use snowmobile gloves that have the little rubber wiper on the thumb for wiping snow and rain off of the goggles

Which ones do you use? Do they feel really bulky on a bike?

Which ones do you use? Do they feel really bulky on a bike?

I use the cortech journey 2.0. Bought them at a local dealer for $32.

They do not feel bulky at all, and are very warm.

Kobalt high impact mechanics gloves from Lowe's. $20. Consider them to be the poor man's dual sport gloves. I'm sure someone's going to scoff at them but from my perspective anything that's better than what I had previously had (thin leather Craftsman's mechanics gloves) is a step up. Besides, for a fashion statement they match the color of the DR650. Haven't tried them on the bike yet. That's because it's ten degrees out and the driveway's covered with ice. Will have to wait for the mud season.

Kobalt Gloves.JPG