Sign in to follow this  

Shaved Seat / How to fix it ?

Just bought a new to me bike, PO shaved the frickin seat and it looks horrible and feels worse. .

the motorcycle is a honda CRF-X,

I just want the seat to be the way it was from the factory.

Any ideas on what i can do? 

Can i buy the foam? where? 

the most inexpensive way would be better.

Edited by rangerclass7sx

The most inexpensive way would be if you have access to a palm sander, to just try to shape the foam a little better with 60 grit paper.....then re-install the cover...

theres no foam on that seat haha,... i guess i cant make the foam respawn ? LoL :(

theres no foam on that seat haha,... i guess i cant make the foam respawn ? LoL :(

Sorry for offering to help you answer such a stupid question there bud...   Guess you'll figure it out on your own, since you're so smart :bonk:

Edited by Fattonz
  • Like 1

Sorry for offering to help you answer such a stupid question there bud...   Guess you'll figure it out on your own, since you're so smart :bonk:

hey fattonz, maybe my answer didnt come out like i hoped it to.

i didnt mean to offend you in any way, sorry about that...  my bad

• Like 1

hey fattonz, maybe my answer didnt come out like i hoped it to.

i didnt mean to offend you in any way, sorry about that...  my bad

Hey it's fine man.  I read your question a little differently from how you likely intended it.  I know you said you wanted it "back to factory", but you also asked for the most inexpensive way.  I didn't know the guy had removed all the foam.  So to me, the cheapest way would be to clean up the PO's crappy work.  Hence my original response....

Anyway, I like Enduro Engineering complete "soft" seats for stock replacement....they run around $130.  Otherwise the other guys have given good advice...

Edited by Fattonz
  • Like 1

Hey it's fine man.  I read your question a little differently from how you likely intended it.  I know you said you wanted it "back to factory", but you also asked for the most inexpensive way.  I didn't know the guy had removed all the foam.  So to me, the cheapest way would be to clean up the PO's crappy work.  Hence my original response....

Anyway, I like Enduro Engineering complete "soft" seats for stock replacement....they run around $130.  Otherwise the other guys have given good advice...

Thank you man, sorry for all that... haha yeah the PO gutted it dry its horrible. im gonna check out that enduro engineering and just upgrade , thanks for your time buddy :D

Buy a complete used seat on ebay and bolt it on and ride, $70.

Buy new foam and a cover on ebay or online superstore. Scrape the old foam off the seat pan, glue the new foam on, staple on the cover and ride, $85.

Buy a complete new seat from an online superstore, bolt on and ride, $200.

This isn't exactly rocket science.

• Like 1

Buy a complete used seat on ebay and bolt it on and ride, $70.

Buy new foam and a cover on ebay or online superstore. Scrape the old foam off the seat pan, glue the new foam on, staple on the cover and ride, $85.

Buy a complete new seat from an online superstore, bolt on and ride, $200.

This isn't exactly rocket science.

thanks guys,

bought a used crf-r seat for 25 bucks at a motorcycle shop and put it in the x seat pan with small modifications turned out nice :)

• Like 1