Sign in to follow this  

I love thrashing mini bikes

Thats it. Thats all i needed to say :p

congatulations on developing really bad riding habits and poor techniques  that will be highlighted, and slow you way down when you actually graduate to real full size motorcycles! 

I know it's fun,  I have no problem with it,  but recognize it is a gateway to really bad habits that are hard to break! 

• Like 1

Ive been riding since i was five years old and have a couple of full size bikes which i ride regularly and properly but dicking around with a crappy little mini bike with my friends once in a while is a good laugh. Next time don't James May a joke.

Edited by dirt1080
  • Like 3

I've already destroyed the footpeg bracket on my wife's little TT-R90. A buddy of mine made a mini motocross track on his property.....soooo much fun!!! I took the family out riding one day after mini moto and my wife got on her bike and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go when she gave it gas. I calmly told her the broken footpeg was pressing done on the rear brake....duh?!? Hahahaha!!! She was none too pleased.

I got my wife a ttr125.....that she used to break her ankle on her first trail ride ever on a motorcycle....anyways....I take it to the shop and we race it around the yard at work...pop wheelies and just be obnoxious with it. It's almost as much fun as my 450. My Co worker has an old cb750, we raced Nascar style around the parking lot at work for like 45 minutes one day....I love that stupid little dirt bike haha

congatulations on developing really bad riding habits and poor techniques  that will be highlighted, and slow you way down when you actually graduate to real full size motorcycles! 

I know it's fun,  I have no problem with it,  but recognize it is a gateway to really bad habits that are hard to break! 

I did a 22 mile "enduro" race on my xr50 last weekend. Stock motor, stock suspension.

I beat all my friends on full sized bikes.

• Like 5

I have peggy just to thrash. A lot of people i ride with have smaller bikes and just want to ride local trails and i think you and a friend chasing eachother around on minis is damn near as fun as real riding. There was one day i had a buddy riding my xr50 around my backyard track and i was on my 110 (our size difference made up for it) and we even had a wooden freestlye ramp scaled to the size of the mini bikes we would hit as an optional line around the track.

Weve actually gone off it where we would be inches behind one another, whoever was in the back was scared shitless for about 5-6 seconds of flight time....

Probably more fun than kate

My xr70 eats single track. I just wish it had a better gearbox

Atc70 4 speed gearbox drops right in, works awesome!

I believe ct70 or sl70 have the same 4 speed trans but don't quote me on this. Atc 70 I'm 100% sure! I dropped a trans in my 50 from an 85 with the up shift pattern. 82-84 have the down shift pattern.

I did a 22 mile "enduro" race on my xr50 last weekend. Stock motor, stock suspension.

I beat all my friends on full sized bikes.

22 mile enduro?  wow!   that had to be tough!  Be carefull what you say here,  it may be more a feflection on your friends riding ability.  And how big are you poundage wise anyway?  stock suspension on an XR 50,  you must be like 110 lbs?

My 85 xr 80

Damn that thing was badass and un kill able! Me a 12 y/o looking for a cheap fix bought a helicoil for the spark plug hole. All looks good. I start it, sound like shit, so I shut it off and pull the plug. The friggin heli-coil was wrapped around the valve. I said whatever, pulled it out, cut it short, put it back in, then ride it till the stator went, sold it for $180 and it still runs cause i saw it on kijiji about 2 months ago! I was laughing my ass off!

My neighbors have an xr 50, poor thing gets revved the crap out of it

Doesn't matter, you can hold an xr50 on the limiter as long as you want.

I learned that the fun way, I've been WFO 3rd gear on an xr50 for well over 10-20 minutes haha.

I've never had that bike fail

Drove it around a good 2 weeks with a flat tire.

Broke he new one in with a burnout

Jumped it more than 6' high

Ghost jumped it even higher

Regularly bottom it out

Hold it on the limiter

Leave it parked all winter then use that fuel

Only cleaned the air filter once

• Like 1

22 mile enduro?  wow!   that had to be tough!  Be carefull what you say here,  it may be more a feflection on your friends riding ability.  And how big are you poundage wise anyway?  stock suspension on an XR 50,  you must be like 110 lbs?

I am looking forwards to kgmx's response.

Its going to be good. Maybe edit now before he logs on? :lol:

I am looking forwards to kgmx's response.

Its going to be good. Maybe edit now before he logs on? :lol:

Thanks for the advise,  but -  nahh!  i really want to know where in the world you find a 20 mile enduro?  I'm working my way toward michigan to ride the Jackpine in 3 weeks,  and the "family" enduro (the pine cone)  run the day before is 40 miles long!  The jackpiner will be about 100 miles,

I suspect i unwittingly riled up a 13 year old speed demon with a chip on his shoulder!

Thanks for the advise,  but -  nahh!  i really want to know where in the world you find a 20 mile enduro?  I'm working my way toward michigan to ride the Jackpine in 3 weeks,  and the "family" enduro (the pine cone)  run the day before is 40 miles long!  The jackpiner will be about 100 miles,

I suspect i unwittingly riled up a 13 year old speed demon with a chip on his shoulder!

He is a moderator here, who likes to play on mini bikes for fun. The fact he hits 160ft jumps means he rides better than me.

That's a ridiculous thing to say. Learning how to be fast on a slow bike is excellent training and practice. Why do you think learning on a 125 makes you a better rider?

If you aren't fast on a slow bike, all a faster bike will do is make you shut off sooner.

• Like 1