Sign in to follow this  

02 WR426f Potential Project

Hello everyone, I am thinking about attempting to plate an 02 wr426f in Kansas. I think it should all work out, except I'm not sure if the mso for the bike says "Not manufactured for street use" because I haven't actually bought the bike yet (I'm satisfied with my xt250, and don't want the wr if I won't be able to get it street legal). Does anyone own one of these bikes that could tell me if it's possible to legalize? It would be pretty dang awesome if it can work out. Let me know, thanks! 

The Yamaha MSO (Certificate of Origin) will say words to the effect of the bike not meant for road use.

However, out here in CT., at least, if you have everything done properly and have all of the required papers, it can be done.

Yeah after around an hour of hold time on the phone with the kansas highway patrol today, i found out pretty much the same thing. Depends on who's working the inspection that day i suppose. Thanks for the input though, i appreciate it.

It would be a sick to have probably the only street legal wr426 in kansas though haha

Yeah after around an hour of hold time on the phone with the kansas highway patrol today, i found out pretty much the same thing. Depends on who's working the inspection that day i suppose. Thanks for the input though, i appreciate it.

It would be a sick to have probably the only street legal wr426 in kansas though haha

Taco, I think theres a couple of legal 426"s in the thread with all the pictures

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I am thinking about attempting to plate an 02 wr426f in Kansas. I think it should all work out, except I'm not sure if the mso for the bike says "Not manufactured for street use" because I haven't actually bought the bike yet (I'm satisfied with my xt250, and don't want the wr if I won't be able to get it street legal). Does anyone own one of these bikes that could tell me if it's possible to legalize? It would be pretty dang awesome if it can work out. Let me know, thanks! 

DSCN0117.JPG

Its not a 426 but a 2000 wr400,plated in Kali-. I dont know about Kansas but they are still plating bikes if you know the right persons in kali.