Sign in to follow this  

Bunchanan's spoke torque wrench any good?

I'm looking to buy a spoke torque wrench for my spokes. I am ordering spokes from Buchanan.

I notice they have their own torque wrench. I know this style is different but I am thinking that it may be better than the click style as it gives me a better range.

http://www.buchananspokes.com/categories/miscellaneous_tools.asp

What do you guys think of this is it worth buying over the normal spoke torque wrenches like the Faast or Ecel types?

Just to add I know some say not to use a spoke torque wrench but I want to. I just would like your thoughts on Buchanan's style vs the clickable ones.

spokewrench.jpg

Well, I bought the wrench and used it to build my last wheel.

I must say I really like it for the fact that I can read exactly what the torque value is. I can slowly bring up the tension in the wheel evenly.

I can also determine the torque value so I know if a spoke is way too loose or tight compared to the others.

I may buy more of these beam style torque wrenches for bolts, as I never trust the clicker type.

The only drawback is that it is not as easy to place around the nipple, you have to carefully place it on the nipple.

I guess to sum it up this is the best torque wrench to use if you want to know exactly the torque value and have a lot of control, but it is not as easy to quick to use as the clicker types like the Faast.

Edited by Question Man
  • Like 1