Sign in to follow this  

Thinking of selling my Crf

It's been a great bike, truly a great bike, but as family needs change my riding time is shrinking. So my question is should I sell it with the mods or sell it back to stock and what should I ask? I do have a loan so I would need to cover that.

It's been a great bike, truly a great bike, but as family needs change my riding time is shrinking. So my question is should I sell it with the mods or sell it back to stock and what should I ask? I do have a loan so I would need to cover that.

BUMMER! :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

I personally think you will get more money selling it with the mods (I once bought a street bike, in large part, based on how good the exhaust sounded, in addition to the obvious: low mileage, great condition, accessories, etc.

What mods have you done to your little Sheba??? :confused: :confused:

If you plan on getting another bike you should take off the mods and put them on your next bike.  If you don't plan to get another bike and you kept the old parts, you will probably get more for the mods on fleabay than the increase in your selling price by selling it with them.  Depends on allot of things.  Personally, I wish I had never sold any of my old bikes.  Unfortunately it wasn't possible at the time.  But if you can afford it at all, I would hang on to it.  Thinking back on most of my old bikes, I didn't get enough for them to justify selling them.  Right now, I see 2012 and 2013 models selling for half their new price so you probably won't get much, depending on what you paid for it.

• Like 1

Always did better by putting it back to stock than after the sale  bring up the extras if that does not work you can always sell the stuff on the net.When you leave the stuff on the bike expect to get 30c on the dollar 50c to dollar selling it alone.

• Like 1

You should sell your parts that come off easily.  There are virtually no used parts out there for this bike so at the right price you will have a quick sale.  Can't see what you have but I can see an exhaust.  I'll take that!!!

If you ever consider dekitting, there will be a lot of buyers from here!

Selling stock bike is always better and recoup some moolah with the de kit.

Well that's my humble opinion and .001 cents worth

• Like 1

Mixed opinions, still on the fence. List of mods since guys are asking, fuel programmer, full exhaust ( powerbomb w q4), flatland skidplate and radiator guard, race tech front suspension, new chain and sprockets ( 13-45) right now have the 14, 40 And a42, pro taper 1-1/8 bars withe their adapter,acerbis rally 3 hand guards, drc ktm style mirrors, kenda trak- master tires, moose tail bag, custom taillight. That's most of what I can think of. Has 900 miles but stock sprockets were only on for about the first 100 miles

Don't sell it. Use it to commute on and save a ton of money in gas.

Fortunately I have a company truck so I commute on their dime

• Like 3

Mixed opinions, still on the fence. List of mods since guys are asking, fuel programmer, full exhaust ( powerbomb w q4), flatland skidplate and radiator guard, race tech front suspension, new chain and sprockets ( 13-45) right now have the 14, 40 And a42, pro taper 1-1/8 bars withe their adapter,acerbis rally 3 hand guards, drc ktm style mirrors, kenda trak- master tires, moose tail bag, custom taillight. That's most of what I can think of. Has 900 miles but stock sprockets were only on for about the first 100 miles

Based on your list I would be interested in the exhaust, radiator guard, and tail bag.  

BTW did you have both the spring and valve put in?  Having mine done right now and wasn't sure how much the valve added in performance.

Id prolly be interested in the fuel programmer and sprokects.

It has always been my opinion that you will not recop any of your money when trying to sell it with the mods. But you can always get a little bit out of your mods selling them used.

• Like 2

Judging from the feeding frenzy here, this quickly you can prolly pretty easily make some money back selling us your parts HAHA

• Like 1

Any selling needs to be handled via pm.  See the FAQ section for more details.

Thanks

Any selling needs to be handled via pm.  See the FAQ section for more details.

Thanks

I wasnt saying to sell them in this thread but I was saying that he could most likely sell a majority of his parts.

I wasnt saying to sell them in this thread but I was saying that he could most likely sell a majority of his parts.

I know I just didn't want it to start.  No problem.

Like most I would say keep it if at all possible, life is full of regrets and while you may not have time to ride much now time may become available later on.  If it isn't a financial strain try and pay off the loan as quickly as you can then it will be a "no cost" toy.  Otherwise figure out how much you have into the bike (what you owe on the loan & mod's).  If that number is below what a brand new one costs I'd leave it on and price it at or near "new" cost.  Throw it on CL with a good description of the mods and how they improve the bike from stock.  If what you have into it is substantially above the cost of a new one then I'd recommend maybe waiting till Spring when you owe less and get your asking price down.  As long as you aren't in a hurry eventually someone will see the "deal" and make you an offer.  Personally I wouldn't try and sell the mods separately , too much hassle getting paid, packing, shipping, etc.  A lot depends on the market where you live too and the popularity of dual sport bikes there.  In other words, just keep it.

• Like 2