Huck Valves in Ohlins RFX forks

I had Dean Burke install the Huck Valves in my 2014 Ohlins RFX forks last week and I rode at Central Village CT's MX track on Sunday. I'm a member of CV and when I got there the track had a touch up groom that morning with still a lot of smaller breaking bumps and the bigger bumps had the tops knocked off and the faces of all the jumps were all fixed. I know when I pulled in that I couldn't wait to hit the track and test these suckers out. I don't think I had unrealistic expectations but I was expecting to feel a big difference in what is already an awesome fork WELL let me tell you these forks are now amazing. I waited all day for the track to get really rough like it would be on a race day there. There were g-outs on the bases off the jumps and in the landings and both of the longer straights got super rough with the deep rolling whoops and pot holes pretty much everywhere. The downhill approaching the finish had big deep cupped out whooped breaking bumps into a sharp right hand turn. There was nowhere hide and sneak through that section, it was NARLY. First off I got to say that my new 15 300SX is definitely better and more stable than my 13 300SX was and the motor is just crazy fast BUT the suspension is just other worldly now. I can go anywhere I want pretty much at any time. The stutter bumps when you're approaching a turn that give almost any fork troubles are none existent now. I was amazed at how I felt absolutely nothing when approaching the turns that were just beat to Fn shit. The fork just floated through the bumps and settled into the turn like it was the first lap on practice and freshly groomed track. I intentionally over-jumped every jump on our track except the 120' triple and if the forks bottomed (I'm sure they did) I never felt a thing. I've had A kit Showa and B kit Showa stuff before but these are with out a doubt the best forks I've ever owned, BY FAR too! The Huck Valves have definitely far exceeded my expectations . I'm still a decently fast vet expert and can still win motos and I definitely know when something is a game changer and these forks with the Huck Valves could be a game changer for some fast up and coming pro or a past his prime vet guy like me and anyone in between. Way to go Dean Burke!! These things are a Fn home run in my book.

• Like 1

The huck valves are designed to work on the TTX inserts & the RFX forks. There are currently only bottoming cylinders for the RFX, WP TC & OC forks. The huck valve will fit on the other TTX inserts, but there haven't been any bottoming cylinders made for those forks currently. The huck valve is so efficient that they removed the hydraulic piston found on stock forks. photo_zps4860d1e0.jpg

Mike thanks for the feedback! I love reading that the latest version of the Huck Valve is having a positive impact on your riding experience! I am really glad Dean pushed me to make it happen. The Ohlins design required a different approach than my other Huck Valve Designs. I spent a lot time analysing all the different potential models of how to do it, and finally I settled on this basic design type. Dean and I decided on some revisions to it after real world testing and what we ended up with you are now enjoying.

Keep us posted!

Jer

• Like 1

No problem Jer :-) I definitely considered the Hucks for my WP forks back in 13 when I was hating the forks something awful but I didn't know enough about them and I was definitely very skeptical about them. I did ask a long time racer friend and suspension guy back here in New England about them and he know all about them and said that you were one of the smartest suspension guys that he knew but at the time I just had FC do the forks and was working with them on getting them right. Then the Ohlin deal popped up and it was just too good to turn down. I think the stock Ohlins RFX forks are a HUGE improvement over the seriously flawed WP forks. My buddy in NJ has been ranting about the huck valves since the summer of 13 and when he told me a few months ago at NJ SX that they were being made and tested for Ohlins forks that if we put them in our Ohlins that we'd have the best forks ever. Once again Rob was right because with the huck valves these are without the doubt the best forks I've ever had.

Edited by Mike_DeGaetano

• 1 year later...

Can You please post your setup?

How much do you weight?

What are the spring rate for the fork and shock?

What are the clickers setup?

Thank you.

I have the ohlins ttx shock and still not very happy with the setup.

Thank you.

Rmz450 .48 springs in the forks with 2mm preload, may go back to 4mm. Rebound 16 comp 14, oil 370. Forks 4mm above clamps.

Shock 5.6 spring, 104mm sag, comp 10 rebound 23, ride engineering link, high speed II

I'm 90kg all kitted up, I change my clickers from track to track, even Moto to Moto.

What are you not happy with? What's it not doing?

Hi.

I'm about the same weight as you but i'm riding enduro. (95kg- 100kg with all the gear and tools).

The rear shock is still not as plush and responding well as my forks. I can hit rocks and logs and front will stay planted, but the rear is kicking. It seems to me that the ohlins ttx shock valving is to light.

I have a wr250f 2005 with yz250f SSS 2006 fork and ohlins ttx shock. 0,48kg front spring and 5.8 shock spring with 105mm sag.

It seems that your rebound is very fast.

In the forks it's in the middle, but in the shock it is closed 17 clicks from open.

My ohlins ttx model is with the CSC.I asked a few people and no one could tell me if it's the high speed comp/reb  or the low speed.

Everyone says that it control the chassis stability, but in what way?

Thank you.