&%$#@! KTM?

A great dealer would have replaced the tank and dealt with KTM themselves. You would be one happy customer and probably would've gone out of your way to buy accessories, parts and supplies and probably your next bike from them in the future.  Instead, you've had to deal with the problem at your expense,  Opportunity missed.  If I were you, I'd never buy another thing from them. Go there to try stuff on then order on-line.

• Like 1

Unless it has metal in it, there's no way a zip tie rubbed through so cleanly and thinly. If it was a zip tie, that's pretty damn remarkable!

I can't cut soft bread with a sharp knife that precisely.

But it's entirely plausible that after 4hrs of riding a perfect hole just managed to form?

The zipty/gas tank problem has been mentioned on TT before...your new here! Try doing a search

Edited by Monk

OK, your right. You've been here all of a day and have the answers. What do I know....

Apologies. I was just trying to have a discussion. Instead I got a hard cock shoved down my throat. That was a blast.

For the record, I do appreciate TT and the people who contribute, I've been using it for years as an invaluable resource, and as a human who's been alive longer than a day, I still believe that there's no way a zip tie wore a perfect hole right through the plastic where it was stamped by a tool at the factory. Looking at the frame this morning, the spot on the tank doesn't even touch the frame. And there is NO ZIP TIE in sight.

But thank you for your input.

Apologies. I was just trying to have a discussion. Instead I got a hard cock shoved down my throat. That was a blast.

For the record, I do appreciate TT and the people who contribute, I've been using it for years as an invaluable resource, and as a human who's been alive longer than a day, I still believe that there's no way a zip tie wore a perfect hole right through the plastic where it was stamped by a tool at the factory. Looking at the frame this morning, the spot on the tank doesn't even touch the frame. And there is NO ZIP TIE in sight.

But thank you for your input.

No one, including myself were trying to give you a hard time. We're just looking for answers....

We know that ziptys have worn through tanks before so it seems like a logical step. Though is entirely possible, I have never heard of just a random hole being there.... But I guess all things can be proven wrong...