Sign in to follow this  

Near Sighted people look here!

So since i started riding dirtbikes Ive always had the problem of not seeing too well. My eyes definitely caused incidents that should've never happened if i could see far enough. After i broke my arm, i thought it was just a happening but my eyes played a huge role in it. If i could've seen a little further and in more detail i could've avoided a tree and a broken bone. I recently got contacts, which are amazing to anyone who is debating on getting some. Driving is way better then wearing glasses and everything is in HD and the best thing is you see every little detail. Today was my first ride with them. I don't know why i didn't get them sooner. I felt way more confident and my speed definitely picked up a good amount. If you are near sighted like i am and have trouble seeing, get contacts you will not regret it. Best few hundred bucks Ive ever spent.

• Like 1

Been wearing contacts for 20yrs (since I was 12), just take care to keep your goggles on at all costs. When dust/dirt gets in your eye, especially behind your contact you run a huge risk of scratching your cornea. Life will become a living hell for you!

And don't pass out drunk with them in, your eyes will become dryer then a popcorn fact!

• Like 6

Contacts are awesome I've had them for well over 10 years now. Getting use to putting them in and taking out is a pain and that's the worst part for people starting to wear them. Oh and the giant finger about to touch your eyeball lol

I just started wearing glasses riding, my glasses are pretty low profile and fit under normal goggles. 2 track days since i started wearing them and wow, i feel stupid for not doing it sooner. I thought I was afraid of really pushing the limit of anything faster then 3ed gear. All it was was that I couldn't see. Charging down hills and high speed sections with so much more confidence already  it isn't even funny. I forget I'm wearing them until i go to take my goggles off. I like them better then contacts.

Edited by Die_trying
  • Like 1

I just started wearing glasses riding, my glasses are pretty low profile and fit under normal goggles. 2 track days since i started wearing them and wow, i feel stupid for not doing it sooner. I thought I was afraid of really pushing the limit of anything faster then 3ed gear. All it was was that I couldn't see. Charging down hills and high speed sections with so much more confidence already  it isn't even funny. I forget I'm wearing them until i go to take my goggles off. I like them better then contacts.

I had too may issues w/ fogging and too small viewing are w/ glasses & OTG goggles. Went to insert style prescription goggles and feel like I can enjoy riding now.

• Like 1

So since i started riding dirtbikes Ive always had the problem of not seeing too well. My eyes definitely caused incidents that should've never happened if i could see far enough. After i broke my arm, i thought it was just a happening but my eyes played a huge role in it. If i could've seen a little further and in more detail i could've avoided a tree and a broken bone. I recently got contacts, which are amazing to anyone who is debating on getting some. Driving is way better then wearing glasses and everything is in HD and the best thing is you see every little detail. Today was my first ride with them. I don't know why i didn't get them sooner. I felt way more confident and my speed definitely picked up a good amount. If you are near sighted like i am and have trouble seeing, get contacts you will not regret it. Best few hundred bucks Ive ever spent.

My riding buddy was airlifted out with a fractured pelvis before he admitted he needed glass's.

• Like 1

I`m so good that sometimes I ride blindfolded just for the challenge. :lol:

Ok, not really. I have been wearing contact lenses for about 35 years, and contacts IMO provide much better vision than glasses.

I did not know for sure if the OP was riding handicap with real poor vision w/glasses or no glasses?

From nothing to something why yes got to be a improvement.

I`m so good that sometimes I ride blindfolded just for the challenge. :lol:

Ok, not really. I have been wearing contact lenses for about 35 years, and contacts IMO provide much better vision than glasses.

I did not know for sure if the OP was riding handicap with real poor vision w/glasses or no glasses?

From nothing to something why yes got to be a improvement.

Just riding with poor vision. Never tried wearing glasses while riding.

For those of you like me that have a aversion to touching your eyeball checkout http://www.rxgoggles.com.  They make inserts for all the popular goggle brands with your prescription and come with a great warranty.

For those of you like me that have a aversion to touching your eyeball checkout http://www.rxgoggles.com.  They make inserts for all the popular goggle brands with your prescription and come with a great warranty.

Yeah, and then you are blind when you take off your goggles. Yes, I had a pair a long time ago. Contacs are the answer for me. Zero hassles and much better peripheral vision.

Contacts are WAY better than glasses for any type of sport. I would recommend a brand that's good at retaining moisture though. I use acuvue oasis. Any other types my eyes would dry out way to much.... I think I forget to blink often enough when riding.

I wear contacts too but only when I ride motocross. Wouldn't do without them

The rest of my life I wear glasses because the picture seems clearer.

I noticed my vision getting worse both up close and far away. I put it off for a while but went and got contacts about 2 years ago. I have astigmatism in both eyes.

I'm the kind of person that does not like anything touching my eyes (who does?) And I've adjusted just fine. It took about a week to get used to them but now I don't feel them at all. Whoever said make sure your goggles are good though is right, just a little dust stuck in a contact hurts.

If your on the fence about it though I'd do it. It really is amazing being able to see good. Now it's normal to me and when I take them out I notice how bad I really was.

Oh one more thing, the ones I have are made to be slept in for up to 5 nights in a row. I take them out every night but if I forget it's no big deal.

Air optix best contacts I've found for getting the most air to your eyes so they don't feel dry or itchy. I tried them all couldn't wear acuvue oasis without eye drops every 30 minutes or so. Air optix I wear 12 to 16 hrs a day and never notice them. So if you are having trouble with dryness give them a try they may work for you too.

+1 for laser surgery. Nothing like waking up in morning and you can see. Few days of irritation with it. Don't cheap out spend the 3k + for the good clinic

+1 for laser surgery. Nothing like waking up in morning and you can see. Few days of irritation with it. Don't cheap out spend the 3k + for the good clinic

Thats my plan for when i get a little older. How safe is it? I dont think money is an issue since its going to make my eyes see better.