Sign in to follow this  

Lost the oil fill plug

I was riding home from work tonight on the highway and I started to feel a warm sensation on my right leg. It was 110* F out, so I didnt think too much of it. Then I began to smell oil. I looked down and saw the muffler slightly smoking and the oil fill plug was missing. I guess the bike vibrates so much at speed that it just vibrated loose. Has anybody else had this happen before?

1406776264172.jpg

I am suspecting someone may have tampered with your bike at work. Or it may not have been installed properly.

Not easy to get this loose.... on a positive note, you could buy a cool aftermarket Zeta Oil Plug!

• Like 1

I am suspecting someone may have tampered with your bike at work. Or it may not have been installed properly.

Not easy to get this loose.... on a positive note, you could buy a cool aftermarket Zeta Oil Plug!

+1 that rubber ring makes it unlikely it'd vibrate out. Either someone messed with it or it wasn't tightened when fresh oil was installed.

• Like 2

+1 that rubber ring makes it unlikely it'd vibrate out. Either someone messed with it or it wasn't tightened when fresh oil was installed.

Agree! Or it may have been stolen/removed by a gimp and you only noticed it missing when you got jizzed on. Same happened to pals who had their caps stolen from XT660's and GS's...there are some sick people out there!

• Like 3

Agree! Or it may have been stolen/removed by a gimp and you only noticed it missing when you got jizzed on. Same happened to pals who had their caps stolen from XT660's and GS's...there are some sick people out there!

Oh man, yeah, didn't think of that. Might of been missing the whole ride.