Sign in to follow this  

exhaust

What's a good exhaust for a 2012 cry 150r I have a full chm pipe on mine is that any good I wanna start rAcing and I don't know if that's any good

What's a good exhaust for a 2012 cry 150r I have a full chm pipe on mine is that any good I wanna start rAcing and I don't know if that's any good

if your motor is stock your exhaust is fine. Non of them really make a difference on a stock motor. Maybe a little here or there but not enough to justify the cost

If you are just starting out in racing, invest in yourself first, and then your bike. Success in racing is more than 70% rider skill. The best mods you can make are to yourself. Probably 75% of rider skill (beyond natural ability) is due to mental and physical preparation, and 25% to riding practice. And don't neglect bike maintenance: you can't ride if your bike doesn't run.

I would spend the money on suspension and riding time at the track instead of an exhaust.

+1 to this.

Put in riding time first and let the bike tell you what mods are needed (bars and pegs to make it fit you, springs for your weight and ability, revalve if you can't get the damping right before you run out of adjustment.)

Don't spend money on parts that you don't need yet at the cost of money you do need for maintenance. If you don't do the work yourself maintenance will be very expensive, and if you skip the maintenance it will be even more expensive in the long-run. If you don't have one, buy a shop manual, and learn to do as much of the work as you can yourself. 

Edited by Old Plonker