Sign in to follow this  

2004 yz250

What kind of suspension is it? 

My forks and shock are leaking.

my springs are to stiff.

price to have someone rebuild the shock and forks?

who?

I just found some good reading but I hope someone can help me specifically. I found this when I needed to be in the bed 4 hours ago.

Edited by yz250474

No pics ?

No pics ?

The graphics are going to be changed... repaint the frame soon

I meant what kind of suspension do they come with? its my first dirtbike, sorry for the stupid questions.

20131215_155420.jpg

20131215_155432.jpg

Edited by yz250474

Ah it's kyb suspension and they have 48mm forks

Average rebuild is around $200/end with some parts. You can probably rebuild yourself for $175 in parts. Springs $100 an end or so. Don't worry, it's all normal!

You've come to the right place. I can't see just what shape your bike is in, however you have a great bike as a starting point. Around here we pay about $100 per component, so $300 for the whole suspension. The shop I go to doesn't mind me hanging out to watch the tech rebuild my forks and shock, I certainly learn a lot from this. Call around and see if there is a shop which will rebuild your stuff locally, get the right spring rate for your weight, a chart can be seen a RaceTech.com good quality oil and OEM seals is what I use for my rebuilds, both make a difference. Not to start an oil war but I've used Motorex 2.5 weight for years and I'm defiantly happy with the performance.

• Like 1