Sign in to follow this  

Unusual 'ticking' rattle from KTM Duke 125

Morning guys hows it going?

I bought myself a 2014 Duke 125 about month and a half ago (birthday present to myself) and got it ran in and serviced a few weeks back and asked the mechanic how everything was and his reply was 'Yea it's all great pal, they run sweet as hell dont they? real good fun'

Well there has been this rattle coming off the front end somewhere, has done from the day i picked her up just didnt really notice (new bike, pig and S**t.. you know what i mean), anyway. I'm noticing it alot now, i've had a look over everything and there's nothing that seems wrong or out of place and it's stumping me

its quite high pitched and gets faster with speed not engine revs, best comparison is if you were out on your push bike as a kid and got a twig stuck in the spokes so it clicked and rattled. 

Had a look everywhere for a forum discussing this bike and cant find anything, perhaps its me being nervous but just want to know if this is just part of my bike and the sounds she makes or if something isnt quite right because its knocking my confidence while on the road

Cheers guys, jay 

Can admin delete please, re-posted this in general street bike forum

Check your front hub bearings the ones on my Duke went out fairly soon after I got the bike