Sign in to follow this  

URGENT HELP!

I need help to find the exact number of links in a atomic 125cc moto x's chain because I am ordering a new one

Chain is a 428 chain I think its 104 links but am not sure

start at the master link and count the pins all the way around until you get back to the master link.  You may need to lift up the rear end so the rear wheel can spin.   My Apollo 125 is a 428-, 110 links.  

I have an SSR 125 with inverted forks, and my chain has 120 links..  just by an extra long chain (130 link) and cut it like I am doing...    HOW you say?   got a grinder?   got an chain breaker tool?   you can grind off all the pins on one link on one side, and hit the ground down (flat) pin with center punch, HARD, and it will come apart.    I do not think anyone sells the exact length chain for any bike. 

Good luck, have fun

Gary

I found going to tsc or any other farm supply store and getting a length of 40 grade implement chain and a bag of master links (spares never hurt @ 5$ a bag for 4) I've done this with all the pit bikes I've ever had and its far stronger chain in my experience and far cheaper.

Thanks guys for the suggestions I think I have a 104 link. does that sound right?

Hi, just so ya know, do not use two or more master inks on any ONE chain to make up for a too short chain.  BAD IDEA.  it completely defeats the purpose of a new chain.  just in case you were thinking adding master links was an ok idea.

Gary