Sign in to follow this  

Triple clamps bar mounts bent?

Had this problem

Before on other bikes, never seemed to be a problem, any ideas how to straighten out of align bar

Mounts? Loosens them and re tightend with pressure and still not striaght ??ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406801932.491127.jpg

Are they twisted above the top clamp or is the entire top clamp twisted? Unmount the bar mount and reinstall. They are rubber mounted so they can twist. I went with solid mounts on my bike because I didnt like the play in the bars that came from the rubber mounts. 

Part # 15 in the schematic

Image.gif

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 1

undo your bars like Bdubb said. Also very important: YOU MUST tighten the Lower Triple clamp first, then the upper. Realigning the front tire properly is not a bad idea. Google this process and watch a vid. Most people just throw it on and bolt it in.

• Like 1

Hey guys thanks for help. Yip whole mount is bent not just the top. I'll get some more of bolt #17 from work today and give it another go :)

• Like 2

Hey guys thanks for help. Yip whole mount is bent not just the top. I'll get some more of bolt #17 from work today and give it another go :)

1 point for slowgs2001
  • Like 2