Sign in to follow this  

2014 350 sx-f idle speed

Have not ridden yet but started my 350 the other day, let it warm up but when I cracked the throttle quick bike would stall. Roll on was okay. what should the idle speed be set at? Do you turn idle knob clockwise or counter clockwise to increase? Thanks

Others will weigh in but isn't the rule of thumb the lowest idle you can get away with? Even with FI you don't want to load em up...

I've always read/been told that you get it as low as you can to get that good response.

If it's dieing after idling ok that would be injectors or something needing to be cleaned I woulda thought? Also for clockwise or not, just try it, you'll hear it change!

Edited by Crush

High idle on 4 strokes helps prevent flame outs....

2 stroke days they'd load up... But not today's EFId 4 bangers

I would say around 2100ish +/- 200 rpm. Depends on how bad yours flames out etc.

Id never really herd of a efi thumper loading up.unless there was a issue with the tune or sensors.

I run my idle in the 2k range on my 450sxf and 350xcf. Sounds a little high to the ear, but manual even states 2krpm.i used the user setting tool so i know its accurate.

starts up alot easier and definalty got rid of that annoying off idle flame out when u snap it open.

Not sure on exact reading ,I just go off feel and sound . Fi bikes need a higher idle than the carb bikes otherwise they do hesitate/stall/flame out, whatever you call it off idle. I don't think bikes need to warm up for ever either.