Sign in to follow this  

2013 YZ250F Handlebars specs

Greetings from Czech Republic !

I would like to ask if anybody knows the OEM Handlebars specs on this bike. I'm thinking about changing these bars for some higher and with less sweep, because when I'm standing while riding, I get pains in my hands in about 10 minutes. I am 180 cm tall and when I stand on the bike, I feel that I have to bend down too much to grip the bars.

Thanks for replies !

They are pro taper evo bars in the YZ high bend. They've been the same bar and bend for quite some time my 12 was the same as my 14. I would go with a cr high or windham bend. I run the windham and love it. I'm 5'11

Thanks a lot !

I see that Windham bend Pro Tapers are the highest possible from EVO class if you mean these. I'll go to a shop to compare them with my OEM.

What about Renthal Fatbar vs. EVO? I see they have more bend options and they also have Windham / Reed bend but measurements are different from Pro Tapers. Many people say that Renthal RC High are good but maybe they are too high?

Is there any trick to measure bars to fit me? I have seen Gary Semics DVDs and he says that is good to stand fully straight on the bike and you must touch the bars with the middle of your fingers without bending.

Hi,

So yesterday I installed the ProTaper Windham bars on my bike. First, I was little shocked, because when I installed the throttle grip and cables, I noticed that throttle cables were little short. I looked where these cables are routed and I couldn't believe my eyes. They are routed the longest way that is possible - they go under the frame that holds the fuels tank, then under the central radiator bolt and finally up to the bars.

I routed the cables the upper way of the fuel tank frame, then over the top of the radiator and finally to the bars and i noticed that this gave me about 10cm more lenght of the cables.

After this I saw Honda and Kawasaki manuals and pictures and these bikes have it routed the same way I did. Maybe Honda and Kawasaki manufacturer's thinking is better? :smirk:

Anybody ever had the same "problem" ? Is there any brand which makes longer cables?

Thanks !

Edited by Vratas