Sign in to follow this  

Leaking ap vent fcr 39

Been working on my carb for a while. 2004 drz400 e with the stock fcr 39. Removed snorkel and put a 160 main jet and removed coast enricher and rejected air jet to 100. Did the Eddie mod as well. Carb kept leaking from one of the clear hoses. Pulled it off and and the leak is coming from the hose attached to the accelerator pump. Can anyone advise on what the problem might be? I think it only leaks when the bike is not running.

My guess would be a bad AP diaphragm or possibly the AP O-Rings. But if it was the o-rings it would most likely be leaking between the AP pump cover and float bowl too.

Definitely the Diaphragm.  The vent is on the dry side.  Any fuel would have to come thru the diaphragm.

• Like 2

hey guys thanks for all the help. i emailed sisneros speed works with my question and while i waited for a reply i opened the ap again to check it out. i looked for any obvious holes in the diaphragm but didnt see any. i then started flexing the diaphragm around the metal in the middle and noticed that it had slightly separated at one spot but only on the one side. i figured that was the problem and then checked my email and sure enough sisneros said the diaphragm was bad. ordered a new one and installed and the leak was fixed. thanks for all the help. bike is running great.