Sign in to follow this  

California More Thunderstorms Headin in this weekend

I see a 30% chance in Apple Valley

30% of the area. MM knows what 30%, bank on it

I have vivid memories or Mr. Mutt and his infamous thunder / lightning / hail / flashflood / rainstorms.   :smirk:  :smirk:   I think he conjures them in.  Voodoo style.  Really, that was the only day in my life that I thought I had a chance of dying Glenn....   :busted:  BTW, LT and I and some others are now living in the midst of monsoon t-storms about 4+ X's a week.  Lovin' that aspect.  Really cool.  Makes for excellent trail conditions all summer long....  Hope you guys get the rain.  Watch out if Glenn's leading though..... :applause:

I have vivid memories or Mr. Mutt and his infamous thunder / lightning / hail / flashflood / rainstorms.   :smirk:  :smirk:   I think he conjures them in.  Voodoo style.  Really, that was the only day in my life that I thought I had a chance of dying Glenn....   :busted:  BTW, LT and I and some others are now living in the midst of monsoon t-storms about 4+ X's a week.  Lovin' that aspect.  Really cool.  Makes for excellent trail conditions all summer long....  Hope you guys get the rain.  Watch out if Glenn's leading though..... :applause:

I'll never forget that day Bill!  Whenever I tell a thunderstorm story its always the one about the storm you me and Larry survived somehow.   I'm so happy for you guys moving on to AZ!!!

You riding Sun Glenn ?

No plans currently but I can ride Sunday. I'm off to Laguna for my youngest grandsons B-Day party, I'll hit you up late tonight or in the morning.

• Like 1

I'll never forget that day Bill!  Whenever I tell a thunderstorm story its always the one about the storm you me and Larry survived somehow.   I'm so happy for you guys moving on to AZ!!!

LOL  Thanks!  Yeah, that was a day to remember.  (forget???   :lol:  :lol: )  

You should come over sometime.  We both have the same phone #'s if you want to reach out.  The SSS here is off the hook, often rocky and requires your A game, but there's other stuff that's fun as well.  There is stuff very similar to the SSS in north BB (HV), but also stuff that is much more difficult.  Honestly, I'm going to have to get a lower and lighter bike before seriously attacking the nasty stuff.  i've been beat to a pulp a couple of times here.  Doesn't seem to slow LT or my oldest down though.  The rougher the better for them, but even LT met his match the other day.  But as always, conditioning is the key.  If you've got the stamina, strength and will, you can do about anything.  I know a couple guys who love to lead rides here on the tight / rocky stuff.  They get guys from the valley up on their shiny 450/530/etc's and lead the ride on 230's.  At the beginning of the day they are the laughing stock on their stock 230's.  At the end of the day, all the big bore guys are cryin and they're the ones laughing.  Go figure....

I'll probably plate a 250 smoker for the SSS, lower it a tad and put on a flywheel weight and call it good - and keep the husky for longer, more open rides.  For the tight stuff, forget the overweight pigs unless it's open and can use the longer legs.

Edited by Bill_P

T-storms last 2 weekends here in BB (Big Bear Lake). Good solid 30-60 mins of rain, scattered. Drys out too fast! Too much DG up here! But the trails could use anything that comes our way...dry lightening sucks!