Sign in to follow this  

09/yz250 has loud clicking noise

I had my bike on the stand running it after cleaning it and was revving it a bit and suddenly the bike seemed to go into gear with a loud clicking noise? I can have the bike in gear running and push the rear brake to hold it stopped and the bike keeps running but the clicking gets louder. It does it with the clutch engaged and disengaged but heres the weird part! If i shut it off and turn the rear tire by hand its not free. I can feel the compression sequence. It also doesnt seem to go into neutral? I took the clutch plates and basket out and everything looks ok. Im really lost on this one seeing as it wasnt even in gear and i wasnt riding it when it happened.

I would take the while side case and look at the shifter pawls and make sure the spring, tiny leaves aren't jammed or the little spacer broke in between the fork on the thru shifter is ok before splitting the cases to find something with shift drum or trans gears, shift forks

I would take the while side case and look at the shifter pawls and make sure the spring, tiny leaves aren't jammed or the little spacer broke in between the fork on the thru shifter is ok before splitting the cases to find something with shift drum or trans gears, shift forks

I was trying to figure out what u were trying to tell me to check? Is this on the basket side behind the basket on a shaft that runs through the motor to the shifter?

Hamsters trying to chew their way out, probably.

Sounds like they bent a shift fork when they clicked your bike into gear without the clutch. Those bastards.

...its possible just something with your shifting mechanism. Either way u gotta pull the side cover first.

Edited by jeffdanger