Sign in to follow this  

2015 CRF250X FI Confirmed

FI 250x ?  Mmmmm, Mmmm, Mmm...that would be something!  Googled around a bit and found nothing.  Honda site doesn't even show the 2014 x...the 2015 r, but not the x. ???  They may well have something up their sleeve.  I'd miss all the jetting fun though.  Guess we'd have to start posting about re-mapping the FI, I suppose.  Sure hope Honda doesn't KTM the price tag.  Wish Honda would throw a 350x in the mix.

• Like 1

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. You actually believe something your dealer said? Bless your heart. Hell, if that was the case Suzuki and Kawasaki would have had two strokes back like three years ago.

• Like 1

Chuckle, chuckle...indeed dealerships aren't the most reliable source of info.  Bought my x after a long absence from dirt bikes...almost 30 years.  Had an off idle throttle bog and surged at constant low & mid rpms.  Dealer told me "that's just the nature of these high performance engines" as if I'd just have to live with it.  Hmmm... Rejetting cleaned it right up. Suppose he may think the x is already FI ! :goofy:

Was really hoping it was true. Not so much for the fi but just because honda would actually be updating the x. Still hoping though. Doesnt even have to be a lot just something. Maybe lose 10 pounds and gain 5 to 7 hp

• Like 1

I love how mine runs.

Can't fix what ain't broke!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for FI... But I'm not about to rush out and buy a new bike for it, nor am I going to abandon the investments I've made in my '06 just yet.

And I REALLY hate the "new stuff sux" crybabies that would flood an otherwise great forum.

• Like 1

I love how mine runs.

Can't fix what ain't broke!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for FI... But I'm not about to rush out and buy a new bike for it, nor am I going to abandon the investments I've made in my '06 just yet.

And I REALLY hate the "new stuff sux" crybabies that would flood an otherwise great forum.

FI on the CRF will make the difference in the decision to buy 2 WR's vs a WR and a CRFX for me and my dad

Was really hoping it was true. Not so much for the fi but just because honda would actually be updating the x. Still hoping though. Doesnt even have to be a lot just something. Maybe lose 10 pounds and gain 5 to 7 hp

FI on the CRF will make the difference in the decision to buy 2 WR's vs a WR and a CRFX for me and my dad

That really shouldn't be the factor...dirt bikes run a very primitive fuel injection system...no better than a carb at this point. Until they can package an o2 sensors then it really it's doing anything better than a carb Edited by MrRong

That really shouldn't be the factor...dirt bikes run a very primitive fuel injection system...no better than a carb at this point. Until they can package an o2 sensors then it really it's doing anything better than a carb

Yamaha says that with the 2014 bikes, at least, you don't have to worry about adjusting anything, the fuel injection will take care of it all. I've heard about having to adjust the baseline, and closed loop vs open loop and all that, but it says right on Yamaha's website that no adjusting is required with change in elevation. It DOES seem to me that oxygen sensors would be required to attain the precise mix ratio according to altitude, but I don't know that these bikes don't have oxygen sensors or something that does the same job.

Yamaha says that with the 2014 bikes, at least, you don't have to worry about adjusting anything, the fuel injection will take care of it all. I've heard about having to adjust the baseline, and closed loop vs open loop and all that, but it says right on Yamaha's website that no adjusting is required with change in elevation. It DOES seem to me that oxygen sensors would be required to attain the precise mix ratio according to altitude, but I don't know that these bikes don't have oxygen sensors or something that does the same job.

I believe air temperature and density (altitude) is read from the Mass Airflow Sensor which is between the air filter and throttle body. Only reason for an O2 sensor in the exhaust is to detect system failures. "No adjustments necessary" only applies to a 100% OEM stock bike, just like on any other vehicle.
  • Like 1

I believe air temperature and density (altitude) is read from the Mass Airflow Sensor which is between the air filter and throttle body. Only reason for an O2 sensor in the exhaust is to detect system failures. "No adjustments necessary" only applies to a 100% OEM stock bike, just like on any other vehicle.

That is 100% false! All F/I dirt bikes have an open loop fuel injection system(no o2 sensor) this means that it has no means of monitoring itself. it will adjust the fueling based on inputs from the inlet air pressure, ambient air pressure(these two sensors are what help adjust for altitude changes), air temperature, and coolant temperature, but it has no way of knowing whether it's doing a good job. They rely on preloaded maps to make adjustments to the fuel curve. The o2 sensor has nothing to do with detecting system failures

• Like 2

That really shouldn't be the factor...dirt bikes run a very primitive fuel injection system...no better than a carb at this point. Until they can package an o2 sensors then it really it's doing anything better than a carb

Do you think that an O2 sensor would be a needed or wanted addition to a crf dirt bike EFI system?

husky had o2 sensors, it only controlled the idle mix for emissions. Power up kit deleted the sensor with a plug, ecu would then go into a richer "competition" map.  In short I don't think you'd want one on a dirtbike if it wasn't needed, o2 wouldn't be reliable enough for controlling the full rpm range vs. a set map.

• Like 1

Yeah my thought is if your talking about a high performance dirt bike engine like the crf R and X's have the O2 sensor really wont be needed or very useful.

On the other hand if you talking about a DS type bike thats used on the street just as much or more than the dirt for light trail riding then maybe the O2 sensor would be worthwhile. It would likely help with fuel mileage and clean up the emissions-consistent with some addtional components CA bikes came with in the past.