05 crf450x issues?

I know this has been touched on before and I saw something about running a full quart instead of the recommended .75quart in the trans, any input why? I asked the previous own if he did and he said he didn't know of any issues, bike looks mint and runs amazing, ?????? And any other issues to look for, goin sat morning to sell the deal and pick up the bike..... Thanks for the help

I also ask my buddy who has worked at a honda dealer for 35 years and he had never heard of runnin a full quart or any other issues, other than valve maintence

Not being aware of this issue and working on X's is pretty scary. 

Honda created a service bulletin in 2006.

The extra oil issue is nothing to be concerned about.

Edited by Kah Ran Nee

As stated above, a bearing lubrication issue on the early 450(R&X) during extended high speed riding. Not an issue with woods or moto, running a full quart cured the problem. I run a full quart in my 06 and don't see any aeration or other evidence of excess level.

It's coming with super moto rims and tires too, if it was ran with the normal amount and not a full quart, could there be damage? Everything I'm reading says it just locked up on people.... I really appreicate every ones info but is there any hard facts from honda that the full quart solves the issue?

• 1 month later...

Running a full quart does not SOLVE the issue...it prolongs the time you have to cure it.

Updating to the new mainshaft and gears/collars cures the issue.

Is there a thread for this issue with details? I've got '06 and would want to order some parts in advance ?

Didn't find it in FAQ

Edited by MCVL

Is there a thread for this issue with details? I've got '06 and would want to order some parts in advance ?

Didn't find it in FAQ

You don't need to order anything...a full quart in the trans works just fine.

• Like 2