Sign in to follow this  

Prescription goggles

Contacts?

Not all people can wear contacts. I have tried every brand/type that my optometrist has and can order and every pair irritate my eyes too badly for me to even put them in.

Contacts?

Nope! Not gonna happen! Can't even think about poking myself in the eye! Which is why I'm thinking prescription goggles. I dirtbike, ski, and snowmobile so I was thinking a winter set, and wear them for dirt too...

It seems like the lens would be too far away and distort easily.

That's what I was thinking, and I was worried about scratches too...

What's the matter with "over the glasses" goggles like Scotts and other companies make? I've been riding dirt bikes with them for 39 years. It cold or cool weather, I even race with them. Only in the summer heat where sweat becomes a problem do I switch to contacts, but only for racing. I still trail ride in glasses with OTG goggles in the summer.

What's the matter with "over the glasses" goggles like Scotts and other companies make? I've been riding dirt bikes with them for 39 years. It cold or cool weather, I even race with them. Only in the summer heat where sweat becomes a problem do I switch to contacts, but only for racing. I still trail ride in glasses with OTG goggles in the summer.

My glasses are weird. They fog really easy, and in my goggles just accelerate that. If I forget to take them off before a mountain bike ride I can't see.

Nope, but he is a member of TT and has the patent on prescription lens. I wouldnt doubt he know his shit...

Really... Do you know his TT name? I wouldn't mind pm ing him about his product.

And thanks. This is great!

My glasses are weird. They fog really easy, and in my goggles just accelerate that. If I forget to take them off before a mountain bike ride I can't see.

Just get an anti-fogging agent like Cat Crap, and put it on your goggles and your glasses. They sell anti-fogging products in ski shops and stores like REI. It controls fogging pretty well even in the ridicuous humidity we have in Georgia.

Just get an anti-fogging agent like Cat Crap, and put it on your goggles and your glasses. They sell anti-fogging products in ski shops and stores like REI. It controls fogging pretty well even in the ridicuous humidity we have in Georgia.

Cat crap is you being sarcastic right? If not i have 2 cats... :D Edited by LiamRM212