Sign in to follow this  

2 stroke or 4 stroke?

I was looking into a 2008 ktm85sx, 2010 yz85 i dont know Wich is a better bike for me I'm 5,2 and 100lbs and I ride at track more often on a kx85 but I don't like the power band on it so... I do go to logging roads once week but I prefer the track so if anyone knows Wich bike has better

Faster

Suspension

Power band

Turn

Acceleration and top speed

maintenance cost and how often

Thanks I appreciate the help!

I somehow have a VERY hard time believing youre 34.. But if you are 34 and can't handle an 85 nor know the difference between two 85 2 stroke mx bikes. Then you don't race and don't need a bike. But if this is all true and you can't handle an 85 2 stroke, get a crf70f 4 stroke....

• Like 2

He's got 69 in his username so he's got to be about 13. You're not going to notice enough between the two to make any big difference. Both are 85 2 strokes, both are meant for mx, and both are going to have similar powerbands to your kx. If you don't like 2 stroke snap get a crf150

• Like 1

I has a crf100f but it was boring bike then I got a yz80 but I liked it a lot but I was going for something newer but I know most of the differences between the bikes I put the wrong title on the forum title I know ktm85 has a power valve smother power ect but iv never ridin on one so i dont know if I would like it better than a yz85 just seeing if anybody has ridin them both and there thaughts in them

I has a crf100f but it was boring bike then I got a yz80 but I liked it a lot but I was going for something newer but I know most of the differences between the bikes I put the wrong title on the forum title I know ktm85 has a power valve smother power ect but iv never ridin on one so i dont know if I would like it better than a yz85 just seeing if anybody has ridin them both and there thaughts in them

get a crf150f or a TT-R/CRF230

I'm not looking for a 4 stroke only out of the two bikes I posted about is there any big difference between them?

Them as in the ktm and the yz I really want one of those so if anyone has tried both of them let me know?

An 85 is an 85, they will all ride almost the same, I'd say the YZ is the hardest hitting out of all of them, but my 10 year old brother rides one... Its not too bad.

It's like saying what's better a Wendy's cheeseburger or a Burger King cheeseburger, yeah they're different you'd be hard pressed to describe the difference to someone who had not had them both. And neither one is anything like Fish Taco's.... 

I'm not looking for a 4 stroke only out of the two bikes I posted about is there any big difference between them?

you realize the title of your thread is "2 stroke or 4 stroke?"
  • Like 2

Ya I know I put the crf150r in as an option but I decided I didn't want it after and forgot to change the title

Well I think I might go with da ktm iv herd it's a better bike

One last word of advice, condition is more important than brand at this point for you. 

Ya fir sure it has 3 hours on the top and bottom ends so that's not the issue but I'm gunna test it out at the guys house (it's used) I'll look at the all the bearrings linkage sprockets ect... I'll post a pic if it ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406875882.169389.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406875900.972488.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406875922.057295.jpg

He said he is selling it cause he is into 4 wheelers more