Got prescribed perocets after surgery.

wow. And "quite a bit of experience on this subject" are you an addict? But narcotics are just as addictive if not more than cocaine and you have to take these for more than "just a few days"

I've had about a dozen or so surgeries over the past few years all related to cancer and reconstruction. Usually a couple of days of any of those pain pills is enough and all that's needed.....as long as the surgery fixed the problem. Alcoholism and addiction run in my family so I've experienced it first hand. I haven't drank or anything else in 10 over years. 

I've had about a dozen or so surgeries over the past few years all related to cancer and reconstruction. Usually a couple of days of any of those pain pills is enough and all that's needed.....as long as the surgery fixed the problem. Alcoholism and addiction run in my family so I've experienced it first hand. I haven't drank or anything else in 10 over years.

well sorry to hear that but also major surgeries involving bone and stuff you usually take stuff like that for weeks, maybe months and still you said prescription drugs arent as bad as cocaine which is completely incorrect. Like i said my dad who broke most of his lower back has been taking them for 3 weeks and is still in pain.

well sorry to hear that but also major surgeries involving bone and stuff you usually take stuff like that for weeks, maybe months and still you said prescription drugs arent as bad as cocaine which is completely incorrect. Like i said my dad who broke most of his lower back has been taking them for 3 weeks and is still in pain.

One of my surgeries involved removing and moving bone from an arm and putting it in my jaw. Another was moving part of my thigh muscle into my mouth after part of my tobgue was removed. I would recommend your dad talk to the doctor that posted earlier. If you need those type pain pills for more than a few days then I would explore other options. It take a little time to get addicted to pain pills, but they are all addictive if you take them long enough. Smoke crack (cocaine) or meth for a day and your likely hooked immediately. That's my point. 

One of my surgeries involved removing and moving bone from an arm and putting it in my jaw. Another was moving part of my thigh muscle into my mouth after part of my tobgue was removed. I would recommend your dad talk to the doctor that posted earlier. If you need those type pain pills for more than a few days then I would explore other options. It take a little time to get addicted to pain pills, but they are all addictive if you take them long enough. Smoke crack (cocaine) or meth for a day and your likely hooked immediately. That's my point.

ah. And what on earth are you doing to receive all of these injuries? Professional bear wrestling? Lol

ah. And what on earth are you doing to receive all of these injuries? Professional bear wrestling? Lol

I juggle chain saws for a living.LOL! Well not that exciting. Cancer. Part of the treatment like radiation did more damage than good. In fact my long term pain (in my jaw) is all from what radiation caused, not the cancer. But I've had my share of injuries too from motorcycle and car wrecks, broken arm, 2 legs, and lots of stitches. 

But I'm still here, it's all good! 

I juggle chain saws for a living.LOL! Well not that exciting. Cancer. Part of the treatment like radiation did more damage than good. In fact my long term pain (in my jaw) is all from what radiation caused, not the cancer. But I've had my share of injuries too from motorcycle and car wrecks, broken arm, 2 legs, and lots of stitches.

But I'm still here, it's all good!

dang, lol ive had some from quads and bikes! Not that exciting when you're doing 30 on a trail and a spider hits you in the face on a bike! Haha

The reason I asked is because I have done cocaine. I am not or ever have been an addict but I understand the urges and stuff in certain situations that still exist from that and I didn't want to get into any problems with pills. I don't do drugs and I'd prefer not to be addicted to them but thanks for your help guys.

I no longer need them plus they just make me nauseous anyways. 

The reason I asked is because I have done cocaine. I am not or ever have been an addict but I understand the urges and stuff in certain situations that still exist from that and I didn't want to get into any problems with pills. I don't do drugs and I'd prefer not to be addicted to them but thanks for your help guys.

I no longer need them plus they just make me nauseous anyways.

just stay away from spilt salt or sugar and your urges will go away! ?? Edited by YZF_MX_rider

• 2 weeks later...

As my physician once told me after he prescribed narcotic pain killers for me post auto accident for torn muscles in my neck, shoulder and back. As long as you take them as prescribed and for the recommended amount of time you will not become addicted.

The fact that you are titering yourself down should be telling you that your body is healing and no you will not become dependent on pain killers.