Sign in to follow this  

moving up from a yz250f

I race GNCC's and i ride a Yamaha YZ250F.  Some of the courses I feel like I need another bike.  I feel like I need another gear to go faster in the more open areas and sometimes need different gearing in the woods so I don't shift so much.  I would like to get something with electric start as well.  I have looked and rode a WR250F but I feel like its the same as my YZ250F.  Should I get a WR450F or a woods KTM.  Not sure if I will like the weight of a WR450F.  Also I have never rode a KTM but everyone at the GNCC race loves their woods bikes.  Anyone have any insight?

I second the 300. They are far too tall for me to get comfortable on but the power delivery and weight of them is awesome. If they made one that sat about the same as my KX, I would be all for it. Awesome bikes and pretty low maintenance as well but with a wide ratio tranny. 

• Like 1

How much taller are the 300s than a 250F? You guys say go with a two-stroke over a four-stroke?

theyre about the same height because theyre both full sized bikes and the KTM 300EXC is a 2 stroke woods machine with a light and a wide ratio gearing. If you can't handle the power of a 300 2 stroke then get a 250 exc!

theyre about the same height because theyre both full sized bikes and the KTM 300EXC is a 2 stroke woods machine with a light and a wide ratio gearing. If you can't handle the power of a 300 2 stroke then get a 250 exc!

I am wanting more power.  The GNCCs that I race, all the hard hill climbs that are inn the race is where all the two-strokes get stuck at.  I am wanting something bigger than a 250 with more speed and power.  

I am wanting more power. The GNCCs that I race, all the hard hill climbs that are inn the race is where all the two-strokes get stuck at. I am wanting something bigger than a 250 with more speed and power.

WR450F or like I said a ktm 300 exc

I am wanting more power.  The GNCCs that I race, all the hard hill climbs that are inn the race is where all the two-strokes get stuck at.  I am wanting something bigger than a 250 with more speed and power.  

My friend has a KTM 350 plated enduro and it's a beast so much power, Maybe KTM makes a 350 four stroke you would like ? I don't demember what model he has as i'm not a KTM soldier, lol. Have you tried a EFI 250f the power band feels longer then a carb 250f.

My friend has a KTM 350 plated enduro and it's a beast so much power, Maybe KTM makes a 350 four stroke you would like ? I don't demember what model he has as i'm not a KTM soldier, lol. Have you tried a EFI 250f the power band feels longer then a carb 250f.

yes they make a 350 4 stroke, one of my friends dad just bought one