Sign in to follow this  

Carb problem! Need help please!

Hi I have a 2007 Honda Honda crf150f. And for a while I realized that slight to big bumps would make bike quit. And one day after driving just around my yard, I saw the tube tat goes down from the bottom of the carb to under the bike I think it's called the overflow, was wet with gas. After further experimenting I have realized that gas will come out of it after Hitting jumps or bumps, which is causing my bike to shut off because it loss of gas. Anyways, would a good carb clean fix this? Or is there a new part needed? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

It's normal to see a little bit of fuel dripping from the float bowl overflow when riding in rough terrain or jumping, because the fuel sloshes around in the float bowl and some of it splashes into the overflow tube.

It cuts out in rough terrain and on jump landings because of the type of carb it has. It's not a motocross bike.

It's normal to see a little bit of fuel dripping from the float bowl overflow when riding in rough terrain or jumping, because the fuel sloshes around in the float bowl and some of it splashes into the overflow tube.

It cuts out in rough terrain and on jump landings because of the type of carb it has. It's not a motocross bike.

this happens even riding on a trail, I do not beat my bike I'm talking like going over a rock , it'll want to cut out

this happens even riding on a trail, I do not beat my bike I'm talking like going over a rock , it'll want to cut out

Then as loon said, clean the carb and adjust the float height to factory spec.

Take note however, you can't clean a pilot jet, you just throw them away and install a new one.

Those bikes do tend to be very lean from the factory. Re-jetting will make it run a lot better. If you don't know how to do this, contact JD Jetting and get one of his kits, they come with very good instructions.

• Like 1

Take note however, you can't clean a pilot jet, you just throw them away and install a new one.

Those bikes do tend to be very lean from the factory. Re-jetting will make it run a lot better. If you don't know how to do this, contact JD Jetting and get one of his kits, they come with very good instructions.

thank you ill take a look

Question

Why can't you clean the pilot jet?

Some of these things have really tiny precise holes, once they get corrosion or stuff jammed into them it's just about impossible to get it out without damaging the little hole. I think that's why we tend to chuck those parts out and get another.

• Like 1

Question

Why can't you clean the pilot jet?

Well, I Learn something new every day....

I've been (successively) cleaning them since 1970 ( 44 years) and never learned that they cannot be cleaned until today.

It's just that I'm to cheap I guess and didn't want to have to buy another jet if I absolutely didn't have to.

Wait, I remember something about "parts replacers"

I think it went something like this:

Technicians diagnose the exact problem first and then repair the problem, done...

Mechanics actually try to repair the part that is causing the problem(s)

With out spending more money on parts than absolutely necessary and still get the job done.

"Parts replacers" really don't know what the problem is so they just start throwing parts at the problem until the problem is "fixed"

Then they return all the other parts that did not "fix" the problem and try to get there $ back for parts they didn't need after all.

Sorry this is my one and only "rant" for this whole month.

Lol

Edited by adnohguy

I've been (successively) cleaning them since 1970 ( 44 years) and never learned that they cannot be cleaned until today.

It's just that I'm to cheap I guess and didn't want to have to buy another jet if I absolutely didn't have to.

Lol

I'm the exact way.

Except if been doing it for closer to 3 years

Wait, I remember something about "parts replacers"

I think it went something like this:

Technicians diagnose the exact problem first and then repair the problem, done...

Mechanics actually try to repair the part that is causing the problem(s)

With out spending more money on parts than absolutely necessary and still get the job done.

"Parts replacers" really don't know what the problem is so they just start throwing parts at the problem until the problem is "fixed"

Then they return all the other parts that did not "fix" the problem and try to get there $ back for parts they didn't need after all.

Sorry this is my one and only "rant" for this whole month.

Lol

Can you clean pilot jets? Sure. But the holes in them are so tiny that it only takes a slight trace of a leftover film to make them lean. The orifices also become gradually larger over time due to erosion of the soft brass.

I find it easier to simply replace them.

Sometimes pilot jets are easy to clean with compressed air and a fine stand of copper wire, then other tines, lately I've seen a few neglected bikes, and the brass jets get that heavy green oxidation, and I'll just replace em! Oh, and it depends on how tight money is that week!

Sometimes pilot jets are easy to clean with compressed air and a fine stand of copper wire, then other tines, lately I've seen a few neglected bikes, and the brass jets get that heavy green oxidation, and I'll just replace em! Oh, and it depends on how tight money is that week!

true!