Sign in to follow this  

Rmz450 questions

I might have the chance to buy a pretty clean 13 rmz450 with 30 hours for 4000 if i sell my bike but I have some questions about the reliability of them since Suzuki is kind of the unknown. I just want to know how reliable the motor are. Or I could get a 12 crf450 with 5 hours for 4500

Suzuki is no less reliable than any other brand with proper maintenance. I have not had a single issue with mine, not have I seen one that had a major issue that wasn't caused by lack of maintenance. Just my personal experience.

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 1

I might have the chance to buy a pretty clean 13 rmz450 with 30 hours for 4000 if i sell my bike but I have some questions about the reliability of them since Suzuki is kind of the unknown. I just want to know how reliable the motor are. Or I could get a 12 crf450 with 5 hours for 4500

I have a 13 it's a joy to ride its one off the best bikes I've ever owned screw that Honda you won't regret it it's one if not the best handling bike out there and the power is roll on sweet.

I have a 13 it's a joy to ride its one off the best bikes I've ever owned screw that Honda you won't regret it it's one if not the best handling bike out there and the power is roll on sweet.

The hours just worry me because I need it to last

The hours just worry me because I need it to last

Do proper maintenance you will be fine put a fmf R4.1 slipon lean coupler factory connection I run av gas have a Rekluse on mine. The bike is really amazing.

I also have my 2014 yz 450f which is faster but the rmz450f is on rails you won't regret it it's a sleeping beast.

30 hours is nothing for a current 450. Fresh oil is your friend. Just keep the valves in spec and throw a cam chain at it every 40 hours as well as a piston every 100 or so (unless you rev it really hard) and ride the piss out of it!

Nothing you don't know already.

• Like 1

So did you pick one yet?

The bikes are solid.....I have a 12 and resisted a 14 and I may resist a 15(I want to see that third chamber migrate inside the fork tube lol) because my bike has been so solid. Railed in the sand.