Wiesco cranks? What do you think ?

I just had my bottom end rebuilt and put a Wiesco crank in it and I'm pretty sure it went out today..the crank has less than 20 hrs on it so i don't know of this is even possible. But I have heard bad things about Wiesco cranks so it could be possible . What do y'all think? Should I call Wiesco and see if they would work with me? Probably gonna go with oem if they don't

I've read way too many bad things about Wiseco rods and cranks to buy one.. Apparently their quality control is severely lacking and not up to par with the quality of pistons. Also cranks/rods are not made in USA.. Taiwan I think. I've seen a Wiseco rod snapped in half and shot through the case, and my Honda didn't do anything to deserve that nor did my wallet lol. I went with Pro-X rod, OEM crank and Wiseco piston.

I've heard various stories including the 'bad batch' and the possible fakes... and also some good things. 

Anyway, my crank arrived yesterday and I had the run-out checked. 0.005" and 0.008". It seems to be well made and has no play where it shouldn't so I'm gonna go with it. 

Does anyone know if you can install it properly without a crank puller?

Anyway, my crank arrived yesterday and I had the run-out checked. 0.005" and 0.008". It seems to be well made and has no play where it shouldn't so I'm gonna go with it. 

Does anyone know if you can install it properly without a crank puller?

Those run out numbers are terrible. I believe that would exceed the service limits on my crank (different cranks have different numbers though). My target is less than .001"

As soon as some bearings show up, I will be putting two cranks in using the heated "slug" method. If you look for the Ken OConner videos on youtube you will see him putting engines together that way. I tested that approach on the old bearings and crank and it worked perfectly.

• Like 1