Sign in to follow this  

Bad Gas

Got a tank of bad gas.  I have filled it with 94 a few times since and it is running better.  It is still a little rough and exceleration at lower RPM is slugish.  Will draining the carb float bowel help?  If I add some fuel system cleaner, can I just use the auto stuff from Canadian Tire?  Is a full carb cleaning required.

Yes draining the carb will probably help.  "bad gas" is normally just water in the gas that has separated out.  Drain the float bowl certainly may help.  Yes you can add the auto stuff but just the amount right for your gas tank size.  If poor running continues then cleaning the carb is the next step.

What these guys said. I'd remove the tank and drain the gas out through a paint filter or something then run it in the lawnmower. Put some fresh gas or diesel in the tank and swish it around then dispose of it. Put some gas in the tank and drain the fresh clean gas through the carb. The fuel stuff for cars is ok to run also.

Edited by Echo5413

Thanks. I will drain the float bowel first to see if it helps. Next will clean the carb.