Sign in to follow this  

Need help identifying part, part #

This is from a 2008 450RS. Two questions:

1. What's the part name/number of the black box in the middle with open threaded opening?

2. What's the part name/number of the missing piece that belongs in the threaded opening?

Been through the parts diagram book over and over, but can't find the corresponding parts.

A location on the bike would help as would a pic or two.  I'm sure someone can give you a hand, but a little more info would help.

image.jpg thought I had attached it in the original. Should be on this post. Located in front of rear shock, below air box.

Is that part of the emission system, don't have that on my 08' RR?

Just remove it.

I'm fairly sure that Dallas posted the correct schematic, but you're right, it doesn't match the actual box very well.  That box is the carb/emissions recovery canister and the missing plug (if you've pulled your emissions) is supposed to be removed.  The Beta "off road" instructions state that along with the canister and associated hose removal, that you also remove that plug so there will be an opening there to allow the box to drain any fuel that ends up there.  See step #4.  The pic isn't too clear, but I'm sure this is what you're inquiring about.  http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1103837443653-551/Beta+RS+emission+removal.pdf

Edited by desertrat28

Dallas, Desertrat: both dead on right there. Appreciate the assist.

Just remove the box and replace it with the Carb Vent filter Beta USA has on there accy site part# AB-12003.

It's a must item.

Later George