Sign in to follow this  

Would auto fuel injector cleaner mixed with gas hurt or help 4 strokes?

I've always been curious whether auto fuel injector cleaner, or something like Chevron Fuel System Cleaner would help or hurt dirtbikes?  The stuff works like magic on cars.  

I thought since I have a four stroke and if it's mixed at the proper ratio, it could keep the carburetor clean so I wouldn't have to service it unless I needed jetting changes.  What do you guys think?

• Yes it does help if there is mild build up

You do noty add it all the time, just when a 'cleaning is needed'.

You need to not dump the entire bottle in the tank. Read the directions. If the bottle is 10 ounces and says it treats 20 gallons and you have a two gallon tank, add no more than two ounces. Do the math.

Do not expect immediate reults. You may have to go through 20 tank fulls of fuel for it to 'dis'-solve you problem. I think it is easier to simply clean the carb or injectors the normal way.

It will not prevent the effects of neglect. That is what fuel stabilizer does. I have NEVER had to clean a carb on any of my personal bikes. Clean fuel goes in and it never sits for more than a couple of weeks.

• Like 3

I've always been curious whether auto fuel injector cleaner, or something like Chevron Fuel System Cleaner would help or hurt dirtbikes? The stuff works like magic on cars.

I thought since I have a four stroke and if it's mixed at the proper ratio, it could keep the carburetor clean so I wouldn't have to service it unless I needed jetting changes. What do you guys think?

Run av gas through for a week or two or all the Tim that's what I do.

I've always been curious whether auto fuel injector cleaner, or something like Chevron Fuel System Cleaner would help or hurt dirtbikes?  The stuff works like magic on cars.  

I thought since I have a four stroke and if it's mixed at the proper ratio, it could keep the carburetor clean so I wouldn't have to service it unless I needed jetting changes.  What do you guys think?

Your car is a 4stroke. Think about it!

In most cases injector cleaners are nothing more than kero with a bit of atf or 2t oil. Make your own.