Sign in to follow this  

kx 250 questions? 2007

hi, my kx250 has been leaking fuel out of the overflow so i drained the gas and cleaned the carb. still leaking. giving it a go now i have a few questions about it.

i bought a moose repair kit for the keihin. the bike has a pro circuit platinum and shorty silencer. i have new165 main and 52 pilot jets. is that fine for illinois? im not sure which notch to put the needle on either, theres 5.

my seat sits high off the rear fender. the brakets were wide on the new sdg. i had to bend them on a vise to get them to line up. can i just lengthen the holes or will the seat somehow slide up?

i also noticed a little oil. it looks like its coming out of the bolt right above the sprocket. i took the bolt out and it was dry. the po used some sort of gasket sealant like rtv on the main case :| cleaned it up a while back and it doesnt look like its leaking, maybe very slowly?

i cant figure out the adjustment on the clutch either, ive heard theyre sort of weird. i have a new cable and lever, it bottoms out no matter the adjustment. is that normal?

well i think thats it for now, its my first kx. ive noticed they do some things a little differently, some i find dumb like the brake line guide hitting the shroud and the plastic water pump elbow ready to be broken. i rode it once out in the pasture after i picked it up, shes a screamer! yet to take her out this year but i cant wait. :)

Sent from my iPhone right above the sprocket

Edited by cook134

With 5 slots, it won't matter top to bottom, but as best I remember, top is 1 and it counts down.  Someone will put me on blast if I got it wrong. :)

• Like 1

With 5 slots, it won't matter top to bottom, but as best I remember, top is 1 and it counts down.  Someone will put me on blast if I got it wrong. :)

Oh yeah, I was thinking that if it were 6 slots 3 would be half way :p duh! haha. Still nice to know that they count from the top for future references though, thanks.

Edited by cook134