Sign in to follow this  

Broken dirt bike

Ok I was riding my dirt bike and then I lost all power and made this weird grinding noise?? Then it wouldn't start so I drained my oil and there weren't metal shavings in it and I checked out my piston and is ok but it was a little black? It has spark but I don't have a compression test thing . Can someone please help me out? What's wrong?

The people in the Honda specific forum will be able to get into more detail, but metal shavings in the oil will require a full tear down. You are past the point of checking compression, there is severe internal damage somewhere.

The people in the Honda specific forum will be able to get into more detail, but metal shavings in the oil will require a full tear down. You are past the point of checking compression, there is severe internal damage somewhere.

Nah, he said there were NO metal shavings in the oil. I read that wrong the first time too, lol.

So how does the kickstarter feel? If you can feel that the engine turns over too easily then your compression is really really bad. 

• Like 1

Nah, he said there were NO metal shavings in the oil. I read that wrong the first time too, lol.

So how does the kickstarter feel? If you can feel that the engine turns over too easily then your compression is really really bad. 

You are right. Some day I'll learn to read :facepalm:  :bonk:

• Like 1

I know I'm new to this forum, but if you have spark, and the compression doesn't seem to have changed, there is only one thing left to check on an ICE. Fuel.

Edited by BigDaddyJob

You drained the transmission oil. Any engine issues won't have an effect on the transmission oil. It is time to open up the engine and see what happened.

Fuel

Compression

Spark

those 3 make the engine run

Check also timing and cranck flooding

Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow

Edited by AXAxiom
  • Like 1