Sign in to follow this  

Help with hands

Guys,

I've got a problem maybe somebody else has run into. In preparation for hare scrambles, I've been trying to rid longer sessions. My fitness is good, the only problem I'm having is my clutch hand, for lack of a better word, cramps do bad. My arms are not fatiguing, it just seems like my hand and fingers are locking up. I don't think I'm holding on too tight bc my other hand is fine. I think it is something to do with how my hand and fingers stretches to cover the clutch.

Anyone have any ideas? This seems to be the one thing that will hold me back in a 1.5 hour HS.

You didn't mention how your clutch lever is set up. I've seen lots of guys set their levers to be comfortable while sitting. When the levers are set this way they stress your hand when standing because you have rotate your wrist upward while stretching your fingers outward to reach the lever.

I set mine up for comfortable reach when standing (the majority of my riding). When seated I'm either cornering and only have to barely feather the clutch, or I'm just putting, and there's no stress. I've never had the problem you describe.

Edited by Old Plonker