Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone changed to a 1/4 twist throttle on an XL600r?

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with changing to a quicker, snappier 1/4 twist throttle on an XL600r like more modern bikes seem to have?

i have the CRF 450R  throttle on my XRL with a pumper carb.i love it...little touchy bugger on tight trails though :lol:

Has a different idea when i want to go gentle or slow and bumps are involved,,,,braapppppp. :jawdrop:

B

i have the CRF 450R  throttle on my XRL with a pumper carb.i love it...little touchy bugger on tight trails though :lol:

Has a different idea when i want to go gentle or slow and bumps are involved,,,,braapppppp. :jawdrop:

B

whats different from stock? size of throttle tube? or carb wheel?

Edited by garthr

Alot less twist to WFO......the assembly fits and looks the same as the XRL throttle assembly,,you may even be able to put the CRF tube in the XRL houising,,but i`m not positive on that..i do know the XRL cables fit in it though,,i`ve using the XRL cables in the CRF housing as the CRF cables were way too long during my FCR MX install..

B

Alot less twist to WFO......the assembly fits and looks the same as the XRL throttle assembly,,you may even be able to put the CRF tube in the XRL houising,,but i`m not positive on that..i do know the XRL cables fit in it though,,i`ve using the XRL cables in the CRF housing as the CRF cables were way too long during my FCR MX install..

B

how is the mechanical ratio changed from stock? is the cable guide on the tube a larger diameter or is the wheel on the carb smaller diameter? what makes it 1/4 turn?

They have a larger wheel on the throttle tube, for more cable pull per degree of rotation. Some trick aftermarket ones have changeable wheels with different curves, ie cam shapes for progressive pull.

As said,,the piece on the end of the throttle tube,,the wheel......is larger and ramps up quicker,,nothing to do with the carb,the carb remains unchanged..

B

They have a larger wheel on the throttle tube, for more cable pull per degree of rotation. Some trick aftermarket ones have changeable wheels with different curves, ie cam shapes for progressive pull.

thats the answer i was looking for, thanks.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with changing to a quicker, snappier 1/4 twist throttle on an XL600r like more modern bikes seem to have?

changed to crf450 x motion pro tube, much snappier throttle response. will not fit stock xr650l throttle housing. also will not fit stock pull cable either. very happy with the change. would recommend.