Sign in to follow this  

Goodbye for now to the DRZ

Well I hate to say it but my beloved SM has seen its last day with me. As if this morning I purchased a new bike and traded in the old girl. I can say I'm not horribly sad but I would like to add another drz to the stable soon but most likely a S. I have been trying to sell my bike for awhile now and have been looking for something a bit more road worthy and comfortable for me. I'm happy

She's still at the dealer getting a few things installed and a good detailing.

03DA7A10-FB98-41C8-ABBE-7722789CFD72_zps

Goodbye old girl. Had some great times over the 7 or so years I had her.

DSC00861_zps70785c30.jpg

• Like 2

Well I hate to say it but my beloved SM has seen its last day with me. As if this morning I purchased a new bike and traded in the old girl. I can say I'm not horribly sad but I would like to add another drz to the stable soon but most likely a S. I have been trying to sell my bike for awhile now and have been looking for something a bit more road worthy and comfortable for me. I'm happy

DSC00861_zps70785c30.jpg

Logan....I'm gonna miss ya bud.....you have always had great things to say and contribute, and your pictures were always stellar.....awesome spot to call home. All I can say is, I sure hope that "S" is in your near future........... :smirk:

• Like 6

Wow,  that DRZ has been in some of the best back ground pics,   sure was a nice looking clean simple bike IMO,   your new bike is SICK,  congrats!!

• Like 4

Logan....I'm gonna miss ya bud.....you have always had great things to say and contribute, and your pictures were always stellar.....awesome spot to call home. All I can say is, I sure hope that "S" is in your near future........... :smirk:

thanks wayne!  I'm sticking around here, i won't leave the forums just yet as i still have fun talking to you guys and I'm sure i can still help out a few riders with info that i have. i'll be starting a new chapter of photos her in just a bit! a S will be coming soon. maybe around winter when used prices settle a bit and i can find a gently used one

• Like 2

:(

sad to see you go, but thats a sweeeet replacement!   :ride:

been fun chatting with you!   :thumbsup:

i'll still chat it up over here. I've been on this forum to long to just stop. i think my new bike will keep me entertained just fine

• Like 5

i like to keep my bikes clean and uncluttered, well as clean as i can keep them. when you live in northern California on the coast its hard not to get a good background in there somewhere..

• Like 1

i'll still chat it up over here. I've been on this forum to long to just stop. i think my new bike will keep me entertained just fine

I'm taking it that momma either didn't want to ride your bike often enough, or it was just easier to trade it in and get a little something for it???

Truth be told, a little jealous of the Sportster.....wouldn't mind having one myself.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I'm taking it that momma either didn't want to ride your bike often enough, or it was just easier to trade it in and get a little something for it???

Truth be told, a little jealous of the Sportster.....wouldn't mind having one myself.  :thumbsup:

yeah she took a few days and thought about it good and hard if she truly had time to ride and if she really wanted to at this point. she would rather be on the back of the bike every once and awhile going out or to bbqs that out and about on her own.  i didn't get all that much for it in the end but what sealed the deal was my credit score. i decided to finance so i could include a few add ons from the dealer. plus they are not charging me labor because they liked me

these sportster motors are awesome. honestly i was going for a dyna but i still wanted something i could throw around on the back roads and the city and keep the bike shorter and a bit more nimble like the SM

Edited by 707drz
  • Like 1

so give us the details on the new ride!

2014 harley IRON883 in denim black no miles.fun little bike that still gets the job done in style and relative comfort. I'm not a big fan of bling/chrome so this bike fits my style and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb

• Like 2

yeah she took a few days and thought about it good and hard if she truly had time to ride and if she really wanted to at this point. she would rather be on the back of the bike every once and awhile going out or to bbqs that out and about on her own.  i didn't get all that much for it in the end but what sealed the deal was my credit score. i decided to finance so i could include a few add ons from the dealer. plus they are not charging me labor because they liked me

these sportster motors are awesome. honestly i was going for a dyna but i still wanted something i could throw around on the back roads and the city and keep the bike shorter and a bit more nimble like the SM

Well, I probably don't need to tell you that 883 is twice what the Z is.....soooo, take it easy for a while until you really get to know her. She also weighs a lot more, so those corners will definitely be different. ;)

• Like 1

Well, I probably don't need to tell you that 883 is twice what the Z is.....soooo, take it easy for a while until you really get to know her. She also weighs a lot more, so those corners will definitely be different. ;)

haha, yeah twice the size but surprising not too bad considering the low center of gravity. i know they are claiming around 55ft lbs but I'm not sure about HP?

ill take it easy thats for sure, realistically thats the reason for the harley.....keepin it slow and having fun cruising!

• Like 1

haha, yeah twice the size but surprising not too bad considering the low center of gravity. i know they are claiming around 55ft lbs but I'm not sure about HP?

ill take it easy thats for sure, realistically thats the reason for the harley.....keepin it slow and having fun cruising!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the only problem i see is thats it's essentially the bottomless pit of the asphalt aka a land boat. so much you can do and buy for these things and its never ending.  hell i haven't even picked it up yet and its getting bits and pieces installed right now and more will be in next week. next it will be stage 1-2 intake, re flash the map, and vance and hines pipe or some screaming eagles...havent made my mind up. and depending on the feel of the stock bars i might go for some mini apes

• Like 2

the only problem i see is thats it's essentially the bottomless pit of the asphalt aka a land boat. so much you can do and buy for these things and its never ending.  hell i haven't even picked it up yet and its getting bits and pieces installed right now and more will be in next week. next it will be stage 1-2 intake, re flash the map, and vance and hines pipe or some screaming eagles...havent made my mind up. and depending on the feel of the stock bars i might go for some mini apes

Different bike, but same MODITIS.......hahahahahaha  :lol: 

That's how you make it yours.......... :smirk:

• Like 4

Different bike, but same MODITIS.......hahahahahaha  :lol: 

That's how you make it yours.......... :smirk:

Yep! I have a funny feeling it's going to be worse this time around.

Good thing insurance is cheap as hell

• Like 1

DSC00861_zps70785c30.jpg

Nice trade up, always have had a soft spot for the Iron!!!!!!!

• Like 1