Sign in to follow this  

Rim / Spoke Colors

:ride:  Hey everyone I am ordering my set of Knobbys for my DRZ400sm from warp 9, and am putting some thought into what color combos i would like or would look best. My drz400sm is 2014 black model, with black hand guards and gold fork, and i put a gold shift lever on yesterday. I also have a full set of White plastics I can throw on whenever, or mix them up if i wanted  :goofy:

So I got a choice for the color the rim, spokes, spoke nipples, and the center piece that holds the sprocket and rotor (sorry for my lack of vocab) . My current 17' supermoto tires are black rims with silver spokes, but i am also going to change the color of these very soon as im going to get them powder coated. Am the moment im thinking Gold rim black spokes for the SM set and White rim black spokes for the knobby set, but Im not 100% set on that and am turning to you guys for some input on what color combos you think would be best or look sweet.  :ride:  :ride: 

Happy riding folks!

I like when I have seen the rim half painted with a bright color. Looks cool when you are moving down the road. Just an idea

What are spoke wraps. I do like the half painted but my bikes all black with no decals so it might be too much. It seems like the half painted rims are on motards with crazy detailed decals.

Go spoke wrap.

it's cheap and you can change the color as you want easily. whitout having to disasemble the wheel each time.  ;)

Here are some pictures of my SM that I have put the spoke covers on,

Red spoke skins with red reflective rim tape on the black rim,

They were a prick of a thing to fit onto the spokes as the rims were brand new and the spokes were tight,

I like them as I can change colour as needed,20140803_1651241.jpg20140803_1651391.jpg20140803_1650541.jpg

Oh man spoke wraps are sweet ! :thumbsup:  love the red with black Dukejet, nice job looks fresh. Is there a cheat to getting around changing the color of the rim without having to take the spokes out and tire off?

Defiantly will be getting some spoke skins, any suggestions on sites to buy from?

:ride:  :ride:

Oh man spoke wraps are sweet ! :thumbsup:  love the red with black Dukejet, nice job looks fresh. Is there a cheat to getting around changing the color of the rim without having to take the spokes out and tire off?

Defiantly will be getting some spoke skins, any suggestions on sites to buy from?

:ride:  :ride:

Hey mate, thanks,

I am not sure what you mean by changing the rim colour, my bike came with black rims with silver spokes,

The spoke skins have a split running all the way down them so no need to remove the spokes to get them on, you just open up one end of the skin and slip it down the spoke and cut the end to suit the length,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eecOexjqAbQ

Try this link,

as to painting the rim, you could try Plasti dip, you will need to tape each spoke and the tyre so you get no over spray,

You will be able to get the skins off Ebay or I think I got mine direct from Spoke skins, they are a also known as Spoke Coats,

Rear rim was easy to get them on where the spokes only cross once, the front rim was a pain in the ass where the crossed 2 times. you will see what I mean,

Ah cheers bro thats what I was wondering. I am going to get a ton of.plasti dip cans too