Sign in to follow this  

What is wrong with my bike?

As you can tell I've bought the 2003 kx125 was riding today and got her up to sixth gear to see what it had in her and had it pinned for not very long and backed her down to about half throttle. Slowing down I was doing free revs and got around and it puttered out. It would not start just kicking it. I got pulled by a quad and pop started it. It will run but won't idle. Only way to keep it running is to keep revving. I feel like it has less compression but I'm not exactly sure ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406922789.203296.jpg considering I've only had it for a day. I looked at the gas and it's a little under a half tank. I haven't taken out the spark plug and looked at it. I just put it up and haven't messed with it because it honestly scared me. Please help!

Has almost no compression (can lay my foot on it and it will go down) but can feel air coming out of the spark plug hole and exhaust when kicked

Check for compression with the plug in the cylinder Edited by woods guy

Should I take the pipe off and look at the rings first? Don't wanna do a bunch of work if I don't have to. And is there a gasket on the head pipe?

I believe there Is a copper washer/gasket

Will that need replaced it I take the pipe off?

You could reuse it if you want, but everyone that loves there bike will sacrifice 5 bucks for it (:

Sounds like ya popped er buddy! I had the same problem, in a much older bike, and managed to limp it 50km home. Took it apart to find a blown piston. Jus start takin it apart till you find the problem!

Schultzy101

Sounds like you're over due for a top end. If your mechanically inclined and feel safe doing your own work take the top end apart and get us some pics of the jug and piston.

Worst case scenario is a full rebuild would be +/- 1000-1250 bucks, but you might only need a new top end. You wont know till you take it apart and inspect it. 

Also be a very good idea to go to your local kawi dealer and order in a factory service manual. <-- Be the best 60 bucks you'll spend.

Don't rev 13,000 Amd back off, either pull in the clutch or press and hold the kll switch while throttle is wide open to continue lubricatieing top and bottom end. What you did was burned up the top end because your revs were so high and you weren't giving it throttle.

-The brave may not live forever,but the cautious never live at all.-