Sign in to follow this  

removing graphic residue

I pulled the graphics off but in some places it left hard to remove sticky residue, what's the best way to remove it from the forks, r304 sticker on the silencer, and from the plastics? 

Anything with citrus in it. Brake cleaner does not work. Goo gone has citrus so that stuff works wonders

• Like 1

Goof off or alcohol with a gauze. That takes some elbow grease tho, but works fine and dries without residue

first goof off then acetone to remove the goof off residue.

+1

Try some Wd40 see if it works haha

wd40 works well. I took duct tape residue off my trucks paint without ruining it. Edited by CrobarGreg

Propane torch would probably be over-kill in this case.

You might go to Auto-Zone and ask for a can of Elbo-Grease.

• Like 2

Use Goo-Gone as it does not leave a smudgy residue like Goof Off. 

(I used Goof Off on a piece of gray plastic and it left a bunch of white streak marks that were nearly impossible to get off)

Edited by fulton246

Use acetone on plastic and watch any shine go out the window. I used a hair dryer and a pair of nitrile gloves. Heat the glue and use the rubber glove to ball it up. Then, with a shop towel, it can be pulled away. For most metal finishes, GooGone or Hardline Sticker-Off do a good job.

Denatured alcohol works and wont dull plastic. Also when removing graphics heat them up with a heat gun, and the glue should  stay on the graphics when pulled off.