Sign in to follow this  

89 KX 250 ? (pic)

01717_2HbGQPcYOOl_600x450.jpgIs this an 89 ? It's advertised on Craigs as one. I've done Google image searches and it looks more like an 88 but that silencer looks strange . Maybe from a KDX ?

00n0n_3UAn9zLko11_600x450.jpg

Edited by rj133

stock silencer spray painted black?

check to see if there is a visual difference in the front rotor between the 2 years in google images.

Did 88 have an 18" rear wheel and '89 had a 19"??

Let me guess, $800?  I'll bet he is proud of his black spray painting skills. (and not so much brake hose routing)

Yeah I should have thought of spray painting since the swigarm is also painted. The ad started at $1000 obo believe it or not and it's now down to 900. I'd probably go 5 or maybe 600 if it ran good. I'll do some more research .

Definatly an 89' my buddy has one. Exact same as that bike but all original plastics and oem look... He did a good job

Just slight frame details but the frame should be green not black and silencer should be silver not black and same with the swing arm, also the seat covers were blue that year

Yeah, we know all that.  What are you seeing on the bike that is something that came on the 1989 model and not the 1988 model??  How are YOU able to tell the difference between the two on this particular bike shown??

Exhaust on an 88 is more straight up than the picture

Edited by Emkjr93

A little bit, but instead of playin 20 questions, we could just ask the OP what the vin is...

Thanks for the responses . Yeah it's a Craigs ad I was checking out so I don't have the vin. The things that kind of threw me off was the forks also. I thought maybe the 89 came with usd forks.

Two things make it appear to be an 89, rather than an 88:

- The lower/sleeker gas tank (88 more KX-500 in shape...bulbous!).

- The front brake rotor mounting bolt pattern.

The pipe's not stock...doesn't even look like it's really correct for the bike, although I remember a couple of pix in MXA of that vintage of aftermarket "low" pipes, even on bikes w/then-standard gas tanks.

Love mine...good luck with her if in good shape!