Sign in to follow this  

rb-designs

Well I sent Ron my head on Tuesday and he got it yesterday. I just got a email from USPS that he is sending it back. WOW 1 day turn around. I emailed him The day I sent my head asking a question and I still have not heard back from him. I put in the box with my head I want the squish done and it domed for 91 pump gas. So for the people that got there head done from him will he send something back with  the head saying what he did to it , the new squish size and the cc's of the head? Cant wait to get it back and see how the bike is to jet now and how it runs.

• Like 1

Had my KDX head and carb done by him. No, he didn't send any specs with it, but there was a very noticeable difference in power and response all across the board. The (bang for the buck) results speak far more than a spec sheet, at first piston change my YZ head and carb are going to him too.

He did a head for my GasGas years ago, don't remember if he sent a sheet or not.

Last year he did the carb on my son's Husky and a jetting sheet was sent.

Very quick turn around on both.

I think he spends his time machining not sending emails. LOL

Good Luck! 

I just had my head to him a couple weeks ago - sent it out Monday, and it was in my mailbox Saturday. He is fast and does nice work, but the only paperwork was an invoice and a little piece of paper saying that the dowel pins may need to be filed down a bit to get the head to sit flat. I also emailed him a couple questions about a cylinder issue I had, and he was honestly pretty quick about getting back to me with his opinion, so maybe he's really busy right now.

Im sure he does great work from the way people talks about him. That was one of my questions in my email about the dowel pins have to be shaved or not. Well I should have it Monday and I will see.

Well I just got my head back and it looks really good. I cant wait to test it out. Wont be for another week or 2.

RockerWR450 Did you have to file your dowel pins? I did not.

Well I just got my head back and it looks really good. I cant wait to test it out. Wont be for another week or 2.

RockerWR450 Did you have to file your dowel pins? I did not.

I didn't either. They still had a little room to recess into the jug. So far, this motor is running great, although I went from a 20ish hour stock cast piston and a plugged spark arrestor killing my power bad to a new piston, unclogged exhaust and RB milled head, so unfortunately, I can't say exactly how much the machine work itself did since I got everything fixed up at the sane time. But it is awesome now for sure.
  • Like 1