Sign in to follow this  

2009 Honda CRF 150F Bogging

I removed my baffle from my 2009 CRF150F. Now at idle not in gear when I open up the throttle all the way it bogs to the point of cutting off if I hold it. From zero to mid throttle works great. What can I do to stop the bogging? Is this normal? None of my other bikes do this? What can I do to make this a better wheeling bike?

If you de-baffled it, your jetting is probably too lean. Unless you changed it to match already?

That's what I thought too

Thank you for all of your help. I pulled the carb out and cleaned main jet. It didn't work. The bike starts fine. The funny thing is, it won't start with full choke. Once it warms up bogging is still there at full throttle.. Do you think I need to change the jetting?

And yes it is running lean.

If you bike is completely stock:

Use a 110main jet and a 42 pilot.

This will work great if you remove your air filter box restrictor under the seat and remove the small center baffle from the muffler. But leave in the spark arrestor screen. (Large baffle)

Also your mid range will be closer if you install a jet needle from an 05 or older CRF150f (clip second from bottom or 4th notch from the top)

Buy a 150R. No bogging. My sons 150F did the same thing. I wouldn't waste anymore time or money on the 150F. Just saying...ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1426904813.793468.jpg